TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a Cycle Rack on Craigs. Everyone seems to dig them on this forum so it came home with me.
This thing is huge! (and heavy 8lbs!). I suppose I won't have a issue mounting my Rigid box. To those that have them,does the rack get in the way offroad?
At least now I can mount side bags easier. The military should be replacing the Humvee with TWs with racks instead of 250k JLTV trucks.

I'm still keeping my OEM Yamaha rack for off road days

·
Registered
119 Posts
I found a Cycle Rack on Craigs. Everyone seems to dig them on this forum so it came home with me.
This thing is huge! (and heavy 8lbs!). I suppose I won't have a issue mounting my Rigid box. To those that have them,does the rack get in the way offroad?
At least now I can mount side bags easier. The military should be replacing the Humvee with TWs with racks instead of 250k JLTV trucks.

I'm still keeping my OEM Yamaha rack for off road days
I've got one on my 06. Never noticed it there offroad or on. I have removed my seat strap and sit way back on the seat most of the time and never hit it with my legs etc. Very handy grab handle and doubles as a crash bar for the rear part of frame!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
CycleRacks now available from ProCycle.com.

·
Registered
8,310 Posts
The CR is a $200 add on that substantially increases the load carrying capacity of the TW rear. Your OEM rack is fine for carrying light loads but not much else. I never noticed the CR in my way off road however I never added side bags to a CR which I am sure would be in the way. Some here who have laid their TWs down on trails have found the rack can trap your legs but on the flip side they have also found the CR does protect the back end when you do go down. It is a completely personal purchase as to what rack fits your needs best. If all you need to carry is a gallon of milk or a 6 pack of beer the OEM rack is just about right. The CR can handle a couple cases of beer in a cooler with ice.:cool:

GaryL

·
Registered
45 Posts
I really like mine on and off road. It is a nice handle to pull my bike out of a deep sand hole and to pick it up after I dump it. 1A4BCA76-BFD8-467B-B95A-3DCFF09A8913_1554655068753.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
TomJ, How did you mount the flag? It looks like it isn't mounted to the CR. Just curious.
It’s a small flag mount that attaches to the rear axle. This is a cheesy aluminum one that did the job but it’s more of a use once quality. I found a SS one on Amazon that I will either order or duplicate. I realized I mounted it upside down after I got home. It was new to me so it was a rookie mistake.

F9A67366-6B27-46A4-B09B-3F9283C8755D_1554669263433.jpeg

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a cyclerack and mounted some aluminium Tusk panniers using the cyclerack mounts. Only on single track trails when I had to put my foot down once to save, the pannier hit the back of my leg and it hurt like hell! But that is only with the panniers installed, without the rack has never been an issue at all. And for motocamping both the rack and panniers are a must have item, so I just need to adjust my riding style when they are on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts