TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I laugh whenever I hear the TW referred to as "light". Certainly the frame is light.
The TW weighs more than the also reviewed KTM500 and Husky 501.
Feels light to me. But the bike I replaced was a CRF250L which has about 50 pounds on the TW and you could feel every single one of them. Man that bike was a pig.
At least a lot of the TW's extra weight is in the wheels and tires so it is down low.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
It was fun to see the TW compared to the others. As far as weight goes, my or any TW I ride is light until I sit on it. Then it ain't so lite anymore! :p

·
Registered
305 Posts
Why is the DRZ SM on their, its a street legal DIRT BIKE review lol... SM ain't a dirt bike. The regular DRZ IS......
Because a huge portion of internet "articles" are just compilations or regurgitation of other stuff, since people can't be bothered to actually create original content. That site is up there with the best/worst of them.

Some guy has a mild interest in motorcycles but really no knowledge, wants to make a few bucks whoring out every inch of their website to advertisers(in this case the site is loaded with Amazon affiliate links), and pumping out lazy "list-icles" that are full of errors since the author has little to no idea what they're actually writing about. Hey, some other reviewer liked the 500EXC, I'll put it on my Top 5 list! The rest of the "articles" are thinly veiled ads- er- "sponsored content", so they can cram in as many affiliate links as possible hoping you'll buy something after their "review"- they get a small kickback from Amazon.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Don’t you hate when they call our beloved TW a beginner bike. i guess Someday I’ll grow up and ride a big boy bike :p

Slightly underpowered
This is the most beginner-friendly bike of all the ones listed here. It’s not only friendly to the greenhorns handling-wise but also in terms of pricing, given that it can actually cost as little as half the two previous bikes in this lineup. That’s a fantastic price, especially when you consider that the TW200 still performs brilliantly enough to please many an expert rider. That’s even with an underpowered engine; mind you, which should attest to the overall quality of its riding experience. It’s also super-light, so if you do topple over, it’s a simple matter to get it up and going by yourself. Besides, it’s a bike meant to take hits without a flinch—truly something many a beginner will appreciate on the trail.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Coming in 3rd after a Husky & KTM? I'm impressed.
And the fact that its a bonifide "Dirt Bike", even more so. HaHa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts