TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

T-Dubs Anonymous

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  ceramite 
#1 ·
Am going to look at a 2003 with no papers 14000km on farm use for R7000 - less than US$1000 tomorrow up the road, then maybe get a 1995 - pics look like 1991 - abandoned rebuilt project. Will keep you posted. Am not sure at the wisdom of this but with fuel prices rising even the wife thinks it a good thing with one ride around the field in first gear under her belt. She found the ad for the 2003. If its true and it has started for occasional use using no oil as the owner says in the last couple of years then maybe an investment of note. Maybe we need help from the guys selling due to family obligations in the classifieds.

Either way I'm in deep and love these bikes. To those thinking of joining the cult, think carefully . . . .

See less See more
#2 ·
Here is the potential 1995 an hour away in a private workshop. Said to have an engine rebuild and a defaulted customer and all parts missing available. Worth a few hundred $ ??? Looks like a 1990/1991 - opinions please fellow addicts.

#3 ·
I wish I could be a part of this discussion, but I'm supposed to be in recovery.

And, like most addicts, I believe my own B.S.

#4 ·
Buy it. For less than 1K? Even if it wants to run, buy it.

Russ, it took me a half hour to quit laughing enough to type this!

Bag

#6 ·
it looks like the exhaust is sitting really low. on mine its higher up under the rear plastic. check it out really good to make sure there is no damage where the header mounts to the engine. the dents on the top of the muffler could mean it was impacted hard, also make sure there are no cracks in the header or the mid pipe. other than that youll be in good shape as long as the carb youll get is for a tw200.

#7 ·
It's a TW, what are you waiting for....buy it. It is a addiction, no one will blame you. Plus you know we are all behind you, so if you don't buy it someone in this line behind you will!

#9 ·
thanks mr zannini. I'll see how the "2003" looks today after work first, then look in the bank and close my eyes. This is like buying horses - sellers always tell you they are younger than they are so you got to look them in the mouth and see if they're long in the tooth. The thing about gift T-Dubs is that thye don't eat anything. But I still try and convince myself that neglected ones need rescuing. I clearly have a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.