TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some here on the forum are using a tach like this one. I was wondering if there are any reliability issues. The TW buzzes a bit and was concerned the vibes might kill it prematurely. Thanks in advance for any advice.

tach.jpg

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Please let us know the seller and which one it is. I now want to add one since I completed the cam and jet mods. I am also going to do an adjustable airbox mod so I don't want to over rev.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Came on my bike. Not entirely accurate but I have seen them for sale for as little as $10.00 on eBay so you get what you pay for.
Wish there was an analog alternative but it's not a big deal on this little bike.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please let us know the seller and which one it is. I now want to add one since I completed the cam and jet mods. I am also going to do an adjustable airbox mod so I don't want to over rev.
Here is a link.

·
Registered
13,328 Posts
I know some here on the forum are using a tach like this one. I was wondering if there are any reliability issues. The TW buzzes a bit and was concerned the vibes might kill it prematurely. Thanks in advance for any advice.

View attachment 89457

I've had one on my TW for several years now with no issues. I got the original link from elime but you can google and find it easily enough. You do have to follow the directions when setting it up so it will recognize the engine strokes, and no, I don't remember which number to push but easy enough to figure that out too.

Does have a slight delay in reading but unless you are anal about the reading it's not a big deal either. If the rpm accuracy is off I can't tell as I've never had any other tach hooked up. If it's off it ain't by that much.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts

View attachment 89457
Interesting idea but where O where will you put such a thing????????

Tom

·
Registered
13,328 Posts
Interesting idea but where O where will you put such a thing????????

Tom
I ziptied my tack on the handlebar as seen in the photo. It's been in that spot for a couple years on the 2015 TW and was in the same spot on the 2005 for a couple years as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts