TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a little while back my mudflap, tail light and license plate all fell off. The tabs the mudflap attached to on the frame snapped off as well as the mounting locations on the turn signals.

I decided that the cheapest easiest way to fix the problem was to make a bracket and mount an after market taillight.

This is the bracket my brother and I came up with, well it was mostly him. It is a piece of 1/8 in steel, just slightly wider then the taillight mounting tabs.

How it fits on the frame.

A couple shots after we hit it with a quick coat of caliper paint (what we had on hand)

Haven't finished putting it back on the bike quite yet, will update when it is all wrapped up.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally remembered to take a picture of this thing. Sorry about that delay.

This is the link to the taillight I picked up. Was 30 dollars and so far so good. Haven't done any heavy rain but it seems water tight enough. Also haven't been pulled over. It was a far less expensive option to replacing the sub frame/plastic mudguard that broke.

Ebay link to the tail light

·
Registered
296 Posts
Nice! I got that EXACT same taillight. I freakin love it. I managed to find it for $10 and that included shipping. What flasher did you use? Ive got LED turnsignals on all 4 corners but I cant get it to flash, ALL 4 turn signals stay on. Ive used an electronic flasher from the auto parts store but that didnt help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts