TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the tall Seat Concepts seat. It is much more comfortable than the original it feels a little wider as well and the added height is noticeable and better positioning for me ( at 6’2 my knees are not as bent). It also helps with comfort as I have a couple of bulging disks in my lower back and can ride longer without pain. I got the kit and put it together myself. Not difficult to do.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Thanks, Tubbs!
Got pix?

Welcome to the Forum...let us know more about you & your bike.

·
Registered
20,391 Posts
I have put additional shaped foam between seat pan and seat foam to both raise seating height for greater knee comfort as well as to reduce sliding into the low pocket forward by gas tank.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the tall Seat Concepts seat. It is much more comfortable than the original it feels a little wider as well and the added height is noticeable and better positioning for me ( at 6’2 my knees are not as bent). It also helps with comfort as I have a couple of bulging disks in my lower back and can ride longer without pain. I got the kit and put it together myself. Not difficult to do.
Thanks for the info. Just what I needed to know. I have the regular concepts seat now. Can't tell much difference from stock. I will give the tall one a try.

·
Super Moderator
5,265 Posts
Tried it at Moab earlier on this year – 29 inch inseam for the rider which doesn’t help

Given that the original gives my bony arse grief after 2 hours or so, the fact that the Seat Concepts lasted an hour longer can only be regarded as a result. Wasn’t quite the result I was hoping for, but then if you’ve you have your butt in the saddle for three hours on a TW, you ‘aint riding on the right roads

An improvement – certainly – a “cure”, not quite ………

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Purple; are you talking about the newer "TALL Seat Concepts Comfort Seat" compared to the "regular seat concepts" seat -- or the regular seat concepts compared to the OEM seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2C92A19E-4F34-4472-89B3-3BAC90A341CC.jpeg 363BEBB3-093A-47FB-BE92-F78CF4863817.jpeg 4C5C0FFA-C88C-47F5-9DF5-156D92B808E8.jpeg

If anyone is still interested here are some photo of the tall seat. ( have not been to the forums in a bit). The seat is on a 2019 TW.
This is my first bike and just started riding less than a year ago. The TW is a perfect machine for what I wanted. Cruise around town and eventually get it down to the Death Valley area...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Tubbs! Very good pictures. I like the ruler showing actual measurements and the location. Very very helpful.

The regular seatconcepts just does nothing for me. I'm hoping this tall seat will do the trick. I've got this on my list of things to do. Life and the weather have slowed me down right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 199796 View attachment 199798 View attachment 199800

If anyone is still interested here are some photo of the tall seat. ( have not been to the forums in a bit). The seat is on a 2019 TW.
This is my first bike and just started riding less than a year ago. The TW is a perfect machine for what I wanted. Cruise around town and eventually get it down to the Death Valley area...
Hello, thanks for the pics. How tall are you by chance? I am 6’2” and I’m really interested in the TW200, but I feel like I may be too big for it. I can flat foot the bike now, with plenty of bend at the knee.

Do you have any pictures taken from farther away from the bike? Just to get a better idea of what it looks like.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey Apolloha!

Did you ever get to try the Tall/Comfort Seat Concepts seat? Just curious!

Thanks for the info. Just what I needed to know. I have the regular concepts seat now. Can't tell much difference from stock. I will give the tall one a try.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Apolloha!

Did you ever get to try the Tall/Comfort Seat Concepts seat? Just curious!
Not yet. Bought a crappy looking seat off Ebay just to get the base. Was gonna send it to seats concept and let them do the whole thing. Been workin so much over time just haven't done it yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts