TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I am 6'2" and I am messing with a tw, and on some sketchy rocky rides I need to stand up. but it feels like the distance of the handlebars are are to close to the pegs,
descending is ok but bumpy flats it feels like I cant get any leverage, I would like the pegs further back to the rear wheels it seems.

I have put 2 inch bar risers with stock bars, but there are some risers that you can rotate toward the front and was thinking that would be sweet. any ideas?

I am a new rider but I would love to have the bike fit and not feel weird. Maybe I am use to Dh mountain bikes to much.

·
Registered
13,231 Posts
Had/have a similar problem as you. I've never felt comfortable standing on the TW as I have with other dirt bikes.

I thought most risers allowed some adjustment, but maybe not eh? In addition to what the guys mentioned above, I got Powermadd 2" risers from Pro-Cycle. One of my first positive impressions was they allowed adjustment fore and aft of the handlbars.

Another additon I made to help stand while riding was adding wider footpegs. After I added the wider footpegs, this made standing much more comfortable on the feet. Standing has been improved with these two additions (Risers & Footpegs), but still will not be as good as some other types of motorcycles. I live with it.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Take care.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Belterskelter, I too am a big guy.. 6'4" and 265 lbs. I love my Tdub! I have the powermadd risers, tall oversize bars, and low wide footpegs. Check out my build thread for more info. I can stand up on mine pretty comfortably. I can't go any taller on my bars without getting some longer cables....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I will look in to the riser that I can roll forward to give me some more length,
does any one make a offset riser that bolts on like 2 inch rise and move you forward I like the thought of have only the bars able to rotate and not riser and the bars.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I think I will look in to the riser that I can roll forward to give me some more length,
does any one make a offset riser that bolts on like 2 inch rise and move you forward I like the thought of have only the bars able to rotate and not riser and the bars.
I've had my Rox 2" Pivoting Risers for 5,000 miles. Nothing has moved the slightest bit through at least a half dozen dumps. That and wider pegs solved all my ergonomic issues.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just put the 2" ROXs on and am pretty sure I could have gone another inch with stock cables. Any more would be tight. Powermadd makes a 3" for about half the price of ROX. Wish I would have done that, still might.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts