TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my choices for a taller handlebar while keeping the same cable lengths? I want to keep it all stock and just mount new grips and taller bars. Looking at ordering from rocky mountain site.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
A lot of people use Pro-Taper 7/8 ATV high bars.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Lots of different ways you can go. I went to the Rox website and picked out a bar riser. I went with the one that reduces handle bar vibration and a 2" rise. Then go to Pro taper website and choose your bars. You have many choices think about what works best for you. I went with one of the Low Rise bars. Good Luck. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well my ROX Pivoting 2" risers arrived today. Installation was maybe 20 minutes and I didn't have to move any cables!
Mrs putt-putt once said "you wouldn't believe how much difference 2" can make".......and she was right, again............:) :) :)
I can't believe how much better the handle bars feel now that they are positioned to my preference!

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Well my ROX Pivoting 2" risers arrived today. Installation was maybe 20 minutes and I didn't have to move any cables!
Mrs putt-putt once said "you wouldn't believe how much difference 2" can make".......and she was right, again............:) :) :)
I can't believe how much better the handle bars feel now that they are positioned to my preference!
haha. I wonder if anyone else will catch that. You know, how much better the handlebars feel. :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My bars are scratched up quite a bit due to the previous owner using straps to transport it I guess. Just a good excuse to buy some "new" pro taper bars and grips. Hopefully I have the right size bars on the rocky mt site. The part # is 1087040094. They look almost exactly like the pro cycle site bars. Can anyone verify that these will work without any problem? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
They will work fine. ;)
My bars are scratched up quite a bit due to the previous owner using straps to transport it I guess. Just a good excuse to buy some "new" pro taper bars and grips. Hopefully I have the right size bars on the rocky mt site. The part # is 1087040094. They look almost exactly like the pro cycle site bars. Can anyone verify that these will work without any problem? Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don’t find a huge difference with the added height when seated. It’s really when standing that the bars are more when they should be, and I’m not forced to hunch over.

The added reach appeals to me since I’ve had ongoing issues with hand numbness related to elbow angle - cubital tunnel syndrome. I can ride all day with elbows close to straight, but hands get tingly with elbows bent.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Protaper ATV bars worked for me. My 20+ year old stock bars were, well, 20+ years old. I figured if they were not tall enough I could buy risers. Plus, I had nice new bars, either way.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's exactly why I want a higher bar because I'm about 6' 4" and don't like leaning over so far when standing.
I don’t find a huge difference with the added height when seated. It’s really when standing that the bars are more when they should be, and I’m not forced to hunch over.

The added reach appeals to me since I’ve had ongoing issues with hand numbness related to elbow angle - cubital tunnel syndrome. I can ride all day with elbows close to straight, but hands get tingly with elbows bent.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got the Fly Racing 1010 bars from bike bandit. The ones I picked are straighter and about 1.5" wider than stock, ( I think it was the ATV bend) and love them. I'm a big guy, and wanted straighter, wider and more forward bars to give me a bit more leverage when standing up. The stockers felt like they were in my lap every time I stood up. These help me get the weight forward, and more leverage when standing. note that the cables did tighten up a bit because of the extra width but not enough to cause a problem. Additional risers probably would be a problem for me. But I'm very happy with what I've got now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I went the Protaper "High ATV" bar route. However, I did take 5/8" off each end of the bars, in horizontal band saw to get the bar width comfortable for me personally. I found the cables fit fine afterwards, but did move the front brake "in slightly" to clear the hand guards I also mounted at that time.

They defiantly brought the bar height up to where they felt and handled better for me. :D

Excalibur

·
Registered
779 Posts
I went with 2" striaght Tusk risers and stock bars. For standing, it is perfect, for seated eiding, I wish I would have done the Rox pivoting to get a bit more cockpit space. If I ever bend the stock bars, I will go with a straighter bend, which for me, would be just about perfect.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts