TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum but got nothing. Is there a tank bag that does not entirely cover the TW's small tank and does not have to be removed to get gas? Are there tank saddle bags that do not hang over the engine and burn? I searched all over including military surplus but found nothing that will fit. I'm not against cannibalizing something. Thank you for any info. Appreciate your time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am using a magnetic Joe Rocket Manta as a tank bag, and I use A Lowe Pro Offroad camera bag as a tail bag. You can tuck away any of the magnetic wings that you don't use on the Manta, and the camera bag is like a modular fanny pack that I strap around the tail/subframe. I've not had any issues with the wheel coming into contact with the strap... even while riding offroad. I don't typically do any serious trekking with my TW, but these bags will carry what I seem to need to take with me when I go. I'd post some pics, but I'm having difficulty figuring out how to attach them in this forum format

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
I attach plates extending from underside of seat pan up over tank on my TWs and then affix surplus fanny pack like zippered camera bags for camera, cell, ID, wallet, etc. Nothing touches, covers or attaches to tank. Any accidental dribbles from filling gas drain harmlessly away underneath pouches. Knees are free to crawl up tank, view down to trail is unobstructed. Simple yet outrageously expensive at around $10 to $15 if you have to go buy a suitable pouch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts