TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I'm looking at tank bags and need some advice. If you are using a tank bag and it's working great, what is it? I get into some gnarly stuff so it needs to be really secure. A phone pocket on top with a clear window would be great also. TIA
IMG_20200803_113919.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: erdco

·
Registered
415 Posts
Check out Chase Harper bags. Made in the USA and good prices and materials. Love my tail bag from them. Its the same as their tank bag. Make sure to get straps and not magnets.

·
Registered
227 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm looking at tank bags and need some advice. If you are using a tank bag and it's working great, what is it? I get into some gnarly stuff so it needs to be really secure. A phone pocket on top with a clear window would be great also. TIA View attachment 207207 View attachment 207209
I live in Groton now. A little over a year and a few months. Shoot me a PM and I will loan you my favorite tank bag so you can try it for yourself. It is magnetic but wont budge regardless of how hard you are riding. Pops right off to fill up too.

Good to see you posting again! Take care.

Tom

Reactions: scotti158

·
Registered
822 Posts
Best bag will be one you find cheap to free at first. I’ve had no probs at all with magnets coming off on either my TW or Van Van. Not so much if you’ve a plastic tank. I dislike them but come in handy when shelping crud all over. Thus get a humongous one. Used to be popular, haunt the usual spots, you’ll find one. I found a Held giant one for $20 on CL I use them to get to a spot, then take off to ride serious. Handy for laying down on into headwinds......the only truly water tight unit is or was made by BMW, hard to find used or reasonable priced. Watch out for gassing up n leaving the bag behind.........really bogus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts