TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Once again I need to draw from the deep well of knowledge and experience on this forum..
What's the best tank bag for our mighty little T-dubs with the stock tank
I need a handy place for cigarettes a drink and such..
Something I can access without getting off the bike.
Maybe a handlebar bag would work..
Pictures would be great..
Mike from NC

Reactions: El Viejo

·
Registered
87 Posts
Once again I need to draw from the deep well of knowledge and experience on this forum..
What's the best tank bag for our mighty little T-dubs with the stock tank
I need a handy place for cigarettes a drink and such..
Something I can access without getting off the bike.
Maybe a handlebar bag would work..
Pictures would be great..
Mike from NC
I just brought a chicken sandwich home in my jacket. Wish I could help.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Dont limit your searches to motorcycle sites. I have found some good stuff at yard sales. I have one of those women's tiny backpack purses that I have used as a tank bag. What I'm getting at is don't limit yourself to specific motorcycle gear. The bicycle people have tons of stuff. Things never intended to go on a motorcycle fit and look good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My rear bag is a daypack from the luggage section of walmart about 15 years ago. Lol And my handle bar bag i put my sunglasses case into is a pencil bag zip tied on the cross bar. Also at Wal-Mart right in the back to school section, its cylinder in shape and has laces on it.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
I was always gung ho about Wolfman and if they are still manufacturing in the USA (which is worth a phone call because their stuff is great) I am still gung ho on Wolfman if they are still manufacturing in the USA. When I bought from them it was a family owned and operated company manufacturing on our shores I will never buy or endorse an imported product when I know of and have access to an American made product, not an American company outsourcing their manufacturing.

The idea of wanting a bag that will not mar your tank is a valid concern...if you had a Ducati. Just strap on a tank bag (made in the USA if you are buying new) and ride. I am all for repurposing as a first resort when it can be done. I like when people use horse tack, garage sale stuff, etc instead of point and click.

A magnetic bag is a sign of surrender that you will not get a plastic tank that will allow you to telegraph your manhood when you ride down the road past many gas stations while the losers are on the side of the road every 60 miles getting gas. My range makes you think twice about making me pursue you in chase as it also enhances my get away ability if the rumble is ever more than 10 on one (as prohibited in my disclosure.) Rumbles by appointment only. Waivers must be executed 14 days in advance.

Shag--anytime. A locking gas cap on a TW is just stupid. When you undo the two JIS screws at the bottom, throw the hardware away so you can never put it back on or assist anyone else in having a locking gas cap. Locking gas caps on a TW is for losers. If you have a locking gas cap on your TW, make sure to keep an extra key for it in your purse.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I was always gung ho about Wolfman and if they are still manufacturing in the USA (which is worth a phone call because their stuff is great) I am still gung ho on Wolfman if they are still manufacturing in the USA. When I bought from them it was a family owned and operated company manufacturing on our shores I will never buy or endorse an imported product when I know of and have access to an American made product, not an American company outsourcing their manufacturing.

The idea of wanting a bag that will not mar your tank is a valid concern...if you had a Ducati. Just strap on a tank bag (made in the USA if you are buying new) and ride. I am all for repurposing as a first resort when it can be done. I like when people use horse tack, garage sale stuff, etc instead of point and click.

A magnetic bag is a sign of surrender that you will not get a plastic tank that will allow you to telegraph your manhood when you ride down the road past many gas stations while the losers are on the side of the road every 60 miles getting gas. My range makes you think twice about making me pursue you in chase as it also enhances my get away ability if the rumble is ever more than 10 on one (as prohibited in my disclosure.) Rumbles by appointment only. Waivers must be executed 14 days in advance.

Shag--anytime. A locking gas cap on a TW is just stupid. When you undo the two JIS screws at the bottom, throw the hardware away so you can never put it back on or assist anyone else in having a locking gas cap. Locking gas caps on a TW is for losers. If you have a locking gas cap on your TW, make sure to keep an extra key for it in your purse.
Got the Wolfman tank bag which I switch between bikes. It's been great, pops up, map holder, waterproof. I do have a rack on the Tdub and it's easier to strap it to that than the tank.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use two, depending on my day. First is quite large, by sedici. Second is very small, by bilt. Both from cycle gear. The small one barely holds on over our massive tank cap. Large one hasn’t moved yet.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The purpose of the locking gas cap is the lawyer's thing.
It's a way to keep you from fueling your bike while it's running..
Some people have common sense.
Some people need help in this area.
Think about it. Decide which side of this fence you are on.
Then take the appropriate action.
Only you know what's best for you.......LOL
Until I can find the right tank bag this will have to be good enough
IMG_20200913_175228.jpg
Mike from NC
PS remember a locking cap stops kids from stealing cap
Or a$$holes from putting stuff in the tank !

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I already showed you what my tank bag looks like. I put a towel under it to avoid scratches even though it has neoprene padding.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I got a Mosko Moto Pico that doesn't get in the way of the jewelry.

Reactions: Workingman

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts