TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in putting a smallish tank bag on the 200. All the bags I have are for much larger bikes, and are just too big.

What works for you?

All I want to do put some gloves, sun glasses, rain wiper, and bottle of water in the bag.
Thanks in advance.
Howard

·
Registered
13,645 Posts
I use one of our Mule (horse) saddle horn bag. Has pockets on one side and sleaves for water bottles on the other. Only thing to watch out for is to get one with the right size (close) hole for the gas cap. Smaller size bag for the stock tank is better.

This is the one I'm using on the TW right now. greenrivertack.com604 × 500Search by image248392 Insulated Cordura Horn Bag Double Pockets 2 Water Bottles

·
Registered
175 Posts
image.jpg I have a Nelson-Riggs Micro bag. It will hold the items you listed as wanting to carry. A 20oz bottle of water should fit in the center in the longest part of the bag. Mine has straps and clips for mounting because I run a plastic tank, but I am pretty sure you can get them with magnetic mounts if you want.

·
Registered
667 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was looking at getting one of these. I just got an iphone 5, my first smart phone, and thinking of a small magnetic holder for it for my tank for when I want to use it as GPS
I don't know if you'd want strong magnets that close to your phone for long periods of time. It can't be good for them, can it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, SHAG...
Can you post a pic of the bag on your bike? Are there straps provided if one wants to leave the bag on the bike?
I do like the overall size.
TY, H

·
Registered
206 Posts
Might be too small for what you want to carry, especially a water bottle. I use a handlebar bag made by Kathey's Journey Designs. Holds sunglasses, garage opener, ear plugs, pen/paper, sunscreen, tire gauge, a combo cable lock thing (cable goes thru sleeves of my jacket if I leave it on the bike). That's about it. No room left for a water bottle. ;) You can sorta see it in this pic, on the bars, along with the MotoFizz tail bag & Wolfman fuel bottle holder, all of which is my standard running gear. The MotoFizz has two bottle holders for my water bottle or another fuel can.
Centennial Drive.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Munchmeister...
Yes, indeed, very clever. But I installed an aftermarket tach that sits on the right of center on the handlebar, and I do not think this particular item would work.

·
Registered
667 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Hey, SHAG...
Can you post a pic of the bag on your bike? Are there straps provided if one wants to leave the bag on the bike?
I do like the overall size.
TY, H
No, but the bag comes with straps to wear it as a back pack. I don't have a pic to post, sorry. It's a great bag. not too big and not too small

·
Registered
206 Posts
Then there is the creme de la creme. Giant Loop Diablo Pro. I really like how they've designed it to fit over the gas cap but just unzip and flip to the side to gas up. On Big Bertha, my R1150GS, I have a Wolfman bag and have to unclip it at the front to get to the gas cap and that is a PITA. Maybe it's time to upgrade and get two harnesses to swap between bikes. Dammit, there ya go again, making me spend money !! :eek:

giant-loop-diablo-tank-bag-pro-3.gif giant-loop-diablo-tank-bag-pro-15.gif

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts