TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to set up my bike for going around and a tank bag is a must for me, I have 2 and 1 is the best on, the other is too big, but it got me thinking on what you guys use.. if any at all.

List them and if a pic is available, then much better

thanks

Damasovi

·
Registered
149 Posts
I use a $12 Walmart knapsack with lots of pockets and compartments.
Bungie the carrying handle around the steering column.
Your knees keep it in position, but it mostly stays put.
This has worked well for 8,000 miles of fairly rugged riding, with the odd interstate sections.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
No pic,but when I do use a tank bag I use an Ogio super mini tanker tank bag. It fastens with four strong round magnets to the tank.I've used it on my Shadow RS 750 also,it never moves.Also,they incorporate a neoprene type material that will not scratch the tank.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I got a couple bags that are made for ATV, from Cabellas. has stretchy material that goes over the gas cap, then I ran a Velcro strap under the tank to attach to Velcro on the back of each bag. works ok so far, I don't load them heavy

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Walmart's Bell ATV tank saddlebags. Take them to an auto upholsterer to shorten the crosspiece that goes over the fuel fill. Cheap and effective.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm fixing to buy the Wolfman enduro tankbag and the Wolfman E-12's for mine. I like the enduro pocket, but I'm planning on keeping quiet a bit up there and I think the xt tank affords me a little more room for it. As for the E-12's, I feel like my seahorse saddlebags and rack are just too heavy and bulky. These will have nearly the same capacity, just a whole lot lighter and easier on/off.

If any of y'all are around Tulsa, OK there's a guy selling a Wolfman luggage package with the enduro tank bag, expedition dry saddlebags, and tail bag for a pretty decent price. Could probably talk him down a little too... Wolfman motorcycle Luggage set

·
Registered
323 Posts
I use a tactical backpack on mine, but may be a bit large for "daily" use. It is nice to be able to remove it and take it with me (both in town and out in the boonies - if I ever get stranded and have to walk), and the straps make it fully adjustable from almost flat to full capacity stuffed. Rides really well and attachment is easy using the shoulder straps around the sides of the tank and the stenum strap around the frame. I think I paid $25 at a thrift shop.

Here's an older pic that has decent view of it. Also shows the coleman atv tank saddlebags (I think similar to what Qwerty is using - I fired up my thread injector and made the modifications to the crosspiece myself) and the Mad Dog Saddlebags on the rear (made for tank saddlebags but were a bit large and hit my knees, so now serve as small panniers). The handlebar bag is Mil surplus, and a Rubbermaid Actionpacker on the cyclerack.

For something smaller one could use an old camelback pack, and I previously used several different sized fanny packs (again from the thrift store, about $3-5 each - I love that place for cheap experimenting). I like having something that is easy to take with me, and no, I'm not fashion conscious. :)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I also am using the ATV bags from Cabela's. My tank is an older XT350 metal tank with the larger cap. I had to cut the hole to fit. I use a hard drive magnet in each side so no straps are needed. This works good enough for who it's for.

Joemama

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I use a tactical backpack on mine, but may be a bit large for "daily" use. It is nice to be able to remove it and take it with me (both in town and out in the boonies - if I ever get stranded and have to walk), and the straps make it fully adjustable from almost flat to full capacity stuffed. Rides really well and attachment is easy using the shoulder straps around the sides of the tank and the stenum strap around the frame. I think I paid $25 at a thrift shop.

Here's an older pic that has decent view of it. Also shows the coleman atv tank saddlebags (I think similar to what Qwerty is using - I fired up my thread injector and made the modifications to the crosspiece myself) and the Mad Dog Saddlebags on the rear (made for tank saddlebags but were a bit large and hit my knees, so now serve as small panniers). The handlebar bag is Mil surplus, and a Rubbermaid Actionpacker on the cyclerack.

For something smaller one could use an old camelback pack, and I previously used several different sized fanny packs (again from the thrift store, about $3-5 each - I love that place for cheap experimenting). I like having something that is easy to take with me, and no, I'm not fashion conscious. :)
I like the ATV tank bag(s) ,is that what they sell at Walmart QWERTY ?.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Mattmus,

Did you ever get the Wolfman Enduro Bag? If so, how do you like it?
I've owned Wolfman products in the past and really liked them.
I would like a little more room than the Enduro pocket has, but have wondered about the fit of the Enduro given the angle of the gas tank.

DLT

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I use the ATV tank bags from Walmart. I have a Clarke XT350 tank, and it is twice the volume of stock and that probably makes a difference. Never tried them on a stock tank.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts