TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really like the ability to squeeze my knees against the tank and relieve some of the strain from my shoulders and arms when cornering on the road. There is a reason all the classic bikes have tank pads! I got a TechSpec Snake Skin General Sheet and cut it to make some pads for my TW. It has really added to the comfort of the bike and I think it looks pretty good. What do you think?

TW Tank Pad-1370.jpg

TW Tank Pad 2-1375.jpg

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
Hugging the tank with the knees is also an integral part of my off-road riding riding style. Shifting body weight and pushing with the knees really helps make the bike respond to my will in quick transitions. Pads on the tank are good idea for street use where knee pads are not often worn, they also look better. :) Well done!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
It's called "lower body steering" and is very effective!
On the street I use ~80% lower body / ~20% counter-steering.
Good job on the pads! They also make them in clear if you want your paint to show.

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
I was looking at some old videos last night and bemoaning fact that helmet cameras do not always capture all that counter steering, and the fact that frame and rear wheel are not always pointing in the same direction of the front tire. Maybe I should aim a second camera at my knees.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts