TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who might be interested:

Mad Dog Gear® Pro Series II ATV Saddle Bags : Cabela's

Saw these in Cabelas bargain cave - $6.88 + ~ $5 slow boat shipping or free ship to store if you have one close by. Looks like a fancier/better version of the Tractor supply tank saddle bags I'm currently using and I paid $10 +tax for them. I bit on it - can't really go wrong at that price!

They also have some different Strearns ones that look really similar to the Tractor supply ones for the same price ($6.88). I'll post some feedback here on them when they arrive in 6-8 days. It looks like they will probably require a little modification (just like the TS bags) to fit/function properly.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't seen those - the Wal Marts near me don't carry the ATV stuff in store. Good to know - thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have these bags. I don't use them on the TW because they don't stay on at speeds over 30. I use them regularly on my ATV though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
736 Posts
awww cripes... I got mine before they went to the bargain cave so I paid more than 6.88. I got some extra Velcro to run a strap under the tank then attach to the Velcro on the bags. that should keep them in place

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I received these last week. They are larger than the Tractor supply bags, and well constructed with heavy materials. Being larger means they are in the way of my knees when slung over the tank - the TS bags just barely touch them. So, I'll keep the TS bags up front and these will make terrific small panniers for my cyclerack. I'm also thinking of using them for side bags on the Actionpacker if I need to deploy my larger panniers. All in all I'm pleased with the purchase. :)

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Nice Happy Hiker!

·
Registered
976 Posts
I like your set-up Happy Hiker.

I'm a little wary of adding additional weight to my tank personally, something tells me my one-off tank mount might not be as tolerant of tank bags as the Yamaha original is. What can I say, their R&D budget is bigger than mine!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts