TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While researching tank bags I happened across this Tank Vest company in Winchester VA. I emailed the company inquiring if they made Tank Vests for the TW and I just received an email back stating that they would need a TW to cut a pattern. I’m about half interested in one, and not just for the storage but to cover my blue tank.
I pass through Winchester a couple times during hunting season and I thought I would see if anyone else is interested.

What are your thoughts on this product?

[video]http://tankvest.3dcartstores.com/Gallery_ep_41.html[/video]

591936AA-D446-43C0-B849-CDC25CB083B5.jpeg

·
Registered
252 Posts
If they left a strip exposed to tell the fuel level in my natural tank it might be kinda neat! Then you could put an Uzi holster on either side for when those pesky deer won't get out of the way.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It looks like it can be easily removed with those quick release buckles. Helpful to avoid spilling fuel all over it, I would think. I guess I would be interested depending on fitment, construction quality and cost. The only price I can find on the website is for a KLR650 and they want $190! That's way outside of what I had in mind.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like it can be easily removed with those quick release buckles. Helpful to avoid spilling fuel all over it, I would think. I guess I would be interested depending on fitment, construction quality and cost. The only price I can find on the website is for a KLR650 and they want $190! That's way outside of what I had in mind.
That is pricey and then you would need the accessories.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Looks like deuce gear for the bike. It would hold a butt load of shot shells for duck hunting, or pheasant, or chucker, or dove, or muj, or whatever else we can think of to kill with the trusty scatter gun.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I sell those buckles and that tank bag is a copy of what LEO and military now wear and it is referred to as a Molle system where accessories items can easily and quickly added or removed. Although it may be overkill on that sample one shown.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm going to email this company as I am interested in the basic idea. I'd only be willing to pay around $75 tops, though. One of the things I would like to ask about is a rubber backing. Should be there for that price. It would certainly help support loaded pouches and to keep this thing from sliding around. I'm actually very familiar with MOLLE equipment! I have used surplus military gear for almost all of my outdoor equipment since I was a boy. Cheap, durable, effective, and generally helps hide me from other people while I'm outdoors. MOLLE hit the US surplus market around two decades ago - so I've got all kinds of crap to slap on something like this, haha!

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
While researching tank bags I happened across this Tank Vest company in Winchester VA. I emailed the company inquiring if they made Tank Vests for the TW and I just received an email back stating that they would need a TW to cut a pattern. I’m about half interested in one, and not just for the storage but to cover my blue tank.
I pass through Winchester a couple times during hunting season and I thought I would see if anyone else is interested.

What are your thoughts on this product?

[video]http://tankvest.3dcartstores.com/Gallery_ep_41.html[/video]

View attachment 183756
Novel idea. Insane pricing! $75 max but even at $75 I would likely skip it.

Tom

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
13,330 Posts
My first thought was wow what a great idea. I gotta have one of those. Then I saw the price...record scratch.:(

Maybe I'll make one, one day out of old thrift store t-shirts er sumpin'.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
They look cool, but in my knee range and an area you get jolted into on rough rides is not an area I'd want to tack on a bunch of small stuff. They're meant to hold velcro strapping accessories aren't they? I've never had any luck with velcro in the long run. I have a similar back pack system. I'm not sure if I trust the system at high speed over wash outs and through thick brush. Maybe on another bike with more knee room. And not in my terrain. Maybe in the prairies, or deserts.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They look cool, but in my knee range and an area you get jolted into on rough rides is not an area I'd want to tack on a bunch of small stuff. They're meant to hold velcro strapping accessories aren't they? I've never had any luck with velcro in the long run. I have a similar back pack system. I'm not sure if I trust the system at high speed over wash outs and through thick brush. Maybe on another bike with more knee room. And not in my terrain. Maybe in the prairies, or deserts.

This will explain MOLLE gear

[video]http://militarybackpackguide.com/molle-tactical-gear-attachment-system/[/video]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts