TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tank Vest
It's a "tank bag" that basically is a tank bra that accepts any Alice or MOLLE attachment. Major versatility and ride customization.

I want one! Everyone else interested please, please email [email protected]est.com. They will be deciding what bikes to build for next based on demand, so lets demand!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Probably not gunna happen. It's taken them quite awhile to come up with versions for just a handful of mainstream bikes.

I do have a Plan "B" which I'm gunna present to my local upholstery guy. Lots of vests and other items using the Molle system are becoming more available as surplus, so I'm going to have one cut up and fashioned into a tank cover.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wow, I can buy a top notch chest rig and have enough left over for some pouches for the cost of a "tank vest".

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So here's thier reply:

"Any chance you're near Winchester, VA or know someone with that bike who is? We would need to borrow the bike for a few days to make the pattern, and the donor gets a free tank vest as a thank-you."

I don't live near there so if someone who does is interested I'll pass on the contact info of who I talked to so you can get in touch with them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I use a Walmart camo backpack ($13) that's covered with molle straps as my tank bag.
A bungie wraps around the steering head to the backpack's top carrying handle.
The shoulder straps are disconnected and run down to the frame gusset plates above the foot pegs where they are attached with snap connectors.
Your knees automatically keep it in place.
It takes about 10 seconds to disconnect the one rear strap to slide the bag over for a fillup.
I have 3 smaller pouches attached to the molle straps.
I prolly have $15 in the setup, and it's worked well for many camping trips and several thousand miles.

Fieldline 1,249 Cui Tactical Patrol Backpack, Digital Sand Camo: Camping : Walmart.com

·
Registered
487 Posts
So here's thier reply:

"Any chance you're near Winchester, VA or know someone with that bike who is? We would need to borrow the bike for a few days to make the pattern, and the donor gets a free tank vest as a thank-you."

I don't live near there so if someone who does is interested I'll pass on the contact info of who I talked to so you can get in touch with them.

I got the same response. Somebody close to there should take advantage of that offer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts