TW200 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and replies!
I now have 7 confirmed riders from friends and family. My brother broke the TW theme and bought a BMW 310. He is going to get a lot of grief on a daily basis.
Don't really know how many miles we will go in a day. We may stay at a music festival for a day or three and "rest up". I really hope to have not much of a time table.
It may get sticky in a few areas because of no camping opportunities, but there are many different types of camp grounds around the states.
I figured the stock tank might make it but I also wanted to have enough to give to others who may not be outfitted well enough.
No way do I want to spend $3000 to go across. I hope we will be BBQing and camping most of the time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just picked up my family's second TW. 2009... nice shape.
Been riding around with my wife in Patagonia AZ. Cold clear air. Snow on the ground the last two days.
She has a seat cover on her bike and that makes a nice comfort addition.
Anyway. Thanks for following and just give me time to respond to new mssgs as I don't check TW forum on a daily basis.
John

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Okay it's been a while, but it is also getting close to the summer of 2020 TAT trip.
I now have 3 TWbs and for sure 6 diehard riders.
Not sure the rest of them will show up until we hit Utah or Colorado but a bunch will be joining in there.
Any takers out there?
I'm not paying for a Clark tank, well at least I don't want to... I know there are a bunch of posts on this but..... Very short responses , like Acerbis xt225, for the perfect option to the Clark tank?
Saw a real nice looking tank with a bolt toward the front of the tank. Looks like a hole was drilled through the upper pard of the frame to mount the tank. What tank is that??
Keep the fat side down.
John

·
Registered
32 Posts
Are you going to ride the actual TAT or some other version you are going to make up? That may help them decide. I don’t think you have committed to a departure time or a route so you likely won’t get any takers. . I would suggest if you are going to do the official TAT you get the gps files now so you have time to set up and learn how to use the files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Definitely doing TAT through the western states.
Not quite sure of route back east yet.
Going to try to camp most nights....

I will def purchase the real TAT maps I need.
Waiting for BDR north east section to be published b4 I figure out what the east route will look like.

John

·
Registered
12 Posts
I rode some of the AR western section 2 weekends ago
while ridding the OZAT (Ozark Adventure Tour ) https://advrider.com/f/threads/ozark-adventure-tour-ozat-mo-ar.1223209/

They had a LOT of rain last year and many of the 25-30mph red/ dirt roads
are now 5-15mph grey/ gravel roads now :(
But still a very beautiful area :)

While ridding I met a man & woman team ridding the TAT West to East (backwards due to the snow out West)
They had taken a dual sport course in Oklahoma and headed East
VIRB0365.jpg

Here are a few from the ride :)

VIRB0109.jpg

IMG_20191004_144703.jpg

VIRB0164.jpg

VIRB0402.jpg

Be sure to let us know when you ride the TAT!

Charlie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks for the pics and video! Great trail shots. Hope I can document much of the ride.
I'm really looking forward to the trip.
Just picked up my 3rd TW for my daughter. She has been riding since she was 3ish with training wheels on a Honda 50. She'll be fine.
It needs a bit of work but for $600 I couldn't say no. It's a old drum brake front bike but runs strong.
I'll do my best to post as we go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
TAT getting closer. Have 7 confirmed riders now with 6 TWs. Got Sam's GPS tracks and might get scroll charts as well. Still gearing up somewhat, but mostly good to go. I think I'm just going to get Clark tw tanks and carry extra fuel in a Ballistic Bag when needed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi John,
Posted up earlier over on ADV Rider / TW200 forum. I'm definitely interested if you all will be doing the original TAT trail. If so, I'd likely meet up with you all in Tellico Plains (?) (original start).

That's awesome that many riders on TW's!! (y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
SpeedyTide.. I'm trying to find out where to start, but yes you can join. Tellico Plains is as good as any... but will keep you posted. We will be slow so be ready for that. Love to have you.
John

21 - 31 of 31 Posts