·
Super Moderator
17,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
17,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was harsh and definitely the wrong choice of punishment. But I have to admit there's a couple thugs in my neighborhood I'd like to get my hands on...

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I viewed this yesterday on the WWW and started to give it some thought. Reading the comments left was rather interesting and very similar to the ones here, all over the board.

Initially I thought the kid stealing a bike from a one legged man was pretty dam low and deserving of a bullet between the creeps eyes. Yup, a bit harsh and way out of bounds but that was just an initial thought and certainly not one I would act on. The tattoo was also a lot over the top but I can't say the creep didn't deserve it. The last and legal option of turning the creep over to the authorities just sucks because NOTHING will be done to teach the necessary lesson this creep needs to learn. Here in NY and up in the rural place I live in if a creep gets caught with an illegal gun he goes to jail and gets convicted and sentenced to prison time. Same creep in NY City gets caught with the same illegal gun and he is on the street in no time with another illegal gun and right back at his life of crime. The liberals seem to want to protect the Muslims in this country but they tend to forget in the Muslim world if you get caught stealing you could lose your fingers or hand.

GaryL

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I make no bones about my being a conservative, law & order republican but what that tattoo artist did to that 17 year old was pretty f'd up.

What he should have done was to hold the kid if he caught him in the act and call authorities. If he just suspected the kid stole the bike then just call the authorities.
Stop the Presses....I agree with the Bee on this one....the Tat "Artist" needs a swift kick in the ass....and sued ...

The "fact" that Bee considers himself a "Law and Order, Conservative, Republican"? On that, ??? Not so much in agreement...:pain10:

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
This occurred in Brazil. The charges of torture are being pursued for the 2 tattoo perpetrators but the judicial system is a long and drawn out process there. A court case is likely many years away. Meanwhile a Go-Fund initiative has already received more than $100,000 in excess donations of what is required for the restorative surgery for the alleged bike thief. Guess the kid will indeed make out like a bandit.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I personally think this is nothing but BS. The artist would have had to drug me unconscious or have 3 guys to hold me down with my head in a vice while performing his lousy work.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
This occurred in Brazil. The charges of torture are being pursued for the 2 tattoo perpetrators but the judicial system is a long and drawn out process there. A court case is likely many years away. Meanwhile a Go-Fund initiative has already received more than $100,000 in excess donations of what is required for the restorative surgery for the alleged bike thief. Guess the kid will indeed make out like a bandit.
YUP! Over $100,000 in additional funds over the cost of the surgical repairs. Just goes to show there are a lot of really dumb people willing to support a thief but very few who would dig deep for a real victim. I say scam all the way and probably the artists son or nephew.

GaryL

·
Registered
230 Posts
Stop the Presses....I agree with the Bee on this one....the Tat "Artist" needs a swift kick in the ass....and sued ...

The "fact" that Bee considers himself a "Law and Order, Conservative, Republican"? On that, ??? Not so much in agreement...:pain10:
I hear ya Hoot. Fortunately AND unfortunately I live in NorCal which has some of the best natural resources and the most screwed up politics in the nation. When it came time to vote I had to register as one of the 'recognized by CA' parties where were:

American Independent Party: No Way.
Democratic Party: Was once but switched.
Green Party: Get Real.
Libertarian Party: By definition sounds good but in execution... come on :confused4:
Peace and Freedom: Same as above.
Republican Party: Last option.

CA has no 'Independent' status for voter registration. I made the mistake as picking American Independent Party only because on the registration form it only said 'Independent'. When I got the materials was I surprised(!) so I re-registered as Republican to get the proper voting forms I wanted.

As for Law and Order, CA is basically a lawless state now running by the whim and desires of a few oligarchs.

Hoping this post doesn't get me banned but that's my position in a nutshell.

·
Super Moderator
17,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're good bro, no one is going to ban you. :D
I hear ya Hoot. Fortunately AND unfortunately I live in NorCal which has some of the best natural resources and the most screwed up politics in the nation. When it came time to vote I had to register as one of the 'recognized by CA' parties where were:

Libertarian Party: By definition sounds good but in execution... come on :confused4:

CA has no 'Independent' status for voter registration. I made the mistake as picking American Independent Party only because on the registration form it only said 'Independent'. When I got the materials was I surprised(!) so I re-registered as Republican to get the proper voting forms I wanted.

As for Law and Order, CA is basically a lawless state now running by the whim and desires of a few oligarchs.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
No one gives a damn how anyone here is registered to vote. I was a NY State government employee looking for promotions at every step and was always registered as a Dumocrat. It is what is in your heart that matters and I can unequivocally say I have never pulled a lever for a democrat in any national election. Here in the local town stuff I sure have because even the republicans run some honest nit wits in elections and they end up being RINO's, anything to get elected.

I do feel sorry for those who live on the left coast because I know too many who have good hearts and just like me here in NY, we are stuck knee deep in a swamp that even a TW can't pull us out of. Just refrain from drinking the Kool Aid and we might just MAGA!

GaryL

·
Registered
4,496 Posts

Just bustin ya...California is vast and varied...sadly the Nutjobs control the politics and are letting the nuts and illegals run the show...the old man was stationed at Mather during WW II and always said he would never have left....but the Army Air Corp sent him to Newark, Delaware, at the end of the war and he met mom, so lucky for me...he was shipped east:D

Here is one of his favorite places to hunt and fish....postcard he sent to Grandma "Gibson" somewhere in the Sierra Mountains west of Reno....back in 1943

BuckhornLodge#2.jpg

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Ok, the tattoo may have been a bit too much.
What I would have done was smash one of his hands enough to shatter every bone. A violent unmedicated smashing.
This way, every day that he wakes up, he is reminded not to steal, and not to act as if he is entitled to things that are not his.
He would still be able to reform himself, and that constant reminder would be of great assistance.
But that is just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Surely we don’t want to sink to the ISIS solution for thievery, do we? article-2570535-1BECD57700000578-96_634x366.jpg

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm not sure what makes people act how society thinks they shouldn't. There are all kinds of criminals and criminality.
I think shame is a first step.

So much responsibility is cast aside because, I'm poor, I'm rich, I didn't know any better, I'm insert-cause-of-the-day here. There has to be responsibility for your actions.
Sure there may be mitigating circumstances, but you still did the act.

One big problem with our system is everyone knows it's "innocent until proven guilty". And most think our system gives you the "right" or a chance to get off or get away with it.

Many people think that a court needs to prove guilt when most crimes are blatant and we already know what happened and who did what and why. Video, pictures, DNA, multiple eyewitnesses, collaborating evidence and lack of an alibi can all exist but of course people won't believe evidence or logic or they buy into ridiculous logic and defense stories.

People have to stand up and be accountable for their actions. If they aren't then there needs to be a more simple and less expensive way to handle the undesirable actions.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I'm not sure what makes people act how society thinks they shouldn't. There are all kinds of criminals and criminality.
I think shame is a first step.

So much responsibility is cast aside because, I'm poor, I'm rich, I didn't know any better, I'm insert-cause-of-the-day here. There has to be responsibility for your actions.
Sure there may be mitigating circumstances, but you still did the act.

One big problem with our system is everyone knows it's "innocent until proven guilty". And most think our system gives you the "right" or a chance to get off or get away with it.

Many people think that a court needs to prove guilt when most crimes are blatant and we already know what happened and who did what and why. Video, pictures, DNA, multiple eyewitnesses, collaborating evidence and lack of an alibi can all exist but of course people won't believe evidence or logic or they buy into ridiculous logic and defense stories.

People have to stand up and be accountable for their actions. If they aren't then there needs to be a more simple and less expensive way to handle the undesirable actions.
The BIG problem with this chain of thought is that taking a bicycle is not considered a very big offense. The punk would likely get off with some BS appearance ticket and a judge would likely reduce it to some meaningless charge and let him off. They seem to forget the part about being a young thief in training who is destined to go on to bigger and better things.

I was around 5 years old when I got caught by the store owner stealing a few pieces of Bazoka bubble gum and he told my mom. I was banished to my room most of the day but when my dad got home from work and heard of my crime he dragged me right up to the police station and told the desk Sergeant I was a thief and got caught and needed to get locked up. They left me in the lock up cell for about an hour until the judge arrived, really just a plain clothes detective and he held court on me. I was sentenced to go to the store on Saturday at 7 AM and do any chores the store owner instructed me to do until he was satisfied I had paid my debt to society. The store owner gave me a small bucket and told me to go all around the outside of the building picking up cigarette butts and don't come back until I had at least 100.

This might be a rather harsh way of doing things today but I damn sure never stole anything again because I learned that lesson real early. BTW, the desk Sergeant was one of my dad's buddies from the morning coffee shop and this was all set up in advance of dad dragging me to the pokey. I cried my eyes out for the entire hour I was locked up and really thought they were going to leave me there. I later learned this was a regular practice in my town and a bunch of my school chums had also been busted and got the same treatment. The store owner, Mr. Arnold, told me to come back any time and if I worked doing little stuff he gave me a bag of bubble gum or ice cream. I went there almost every Saturday and all he wanted me to do was break down the boxes to flat so he could load them in his station wagon and take them to the dump.

GaryL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts