TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've continued to play with an idea for possible use on T-shirts, hats, etc. I've done shirts before using some of the inkjet/iron on printing material and they've turned out quite well. Some have held up for several years now. Of course screen printing would be better, but would require a greater quantity to make it worth the set-up, etc.

I'm not taking orders yet, but just curious who might tentatively be interested in a shirt with this logo? If I get a good expression of interest, I'll do a little price shopping and let you know what I learn.

Here's a variation...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Black, XL, and long enough to hide my vertical smile!
m.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Is the picture of the TW from a copyrighted source? Wrong tread pattern.

3 colors. Anywhere from $75-120 up front to set up the screenprint press. Does not include cost of shirts or the actual printing, which, depending on shirt quality, color, and size, could run anywhere from $7-$12 each, usually with a 48-72 piece minimum.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I would photoshop a jimbo shield on that photo to be more accurate. Everyone in the t-dub club has one! And whats up with the headlight shroud?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Truelight I liked your variation on Graphix's original design myself.

Oh and +1 on the jimbo shield.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Truelight, The old axiom is "let no good deed go unpunished". I'd suggest laying your design out on a variety of shirts and let the market absorb them or not (at your financial and artistic risk of acceptance or not). I like your design. Tom

·
Registered
225 Posts
No Jimbo Here!

I would take a black and a white, Yea, I like it.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've refined this a bit more based on some of the feedback. The black version seems the heavy favorite, so I focused on that one. I refined the detail on the bike, giving particular attention to the cowling where the previous design was a bit thin. No, I'm not inclined to put a Jimbo shield on the bike. This image is generated from a factory-stock version of the TW. As mentioned, while Dubbers do have the shield, many also do not. I cannot customize this to make everyone happy. My old '93 doesn't have a disc brake for example, but this bike does.

The tread design in the "U" is that of a Kenda 270. Not stock, but I like the pattern, many do have that tire on the front (I do) and this is my personal artistic license.
If someone can point me to an online photo of the tread on a stock rear tire, (lessee... that would be a Bridgestone Trailwing TW34 or maybe a Cheng Shin c913 ?) I might be inclined to use that as it -is- pretty universal as an OEM rear tire, yes?

Because of the production costs involved in setup for a screen print, (and because I've had pretty good luck with this in the past), I'm leaning toward inkjet iron-on transfers. I will make a prototype to see if I'm happy with the results and post a photo of that when it's finished. After all of that, perhaps I will also have a good idea of what I could sell the shirts for here. Screened shirts would be nicer, but a heck of a lot more to produce.

So... standby while development continues. If any of you have any shirt production connections, let me know. Perhaps you have some ideas that have not ocurred to me or connection where we could get these made up at a reasonable cost.

Here's the latest rendition...

·
Registered
264 Posts
I like what you've done with it since I sent the original to you, much better. I'll have to get a shirt when they are produced. Nice work!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Not sure if these will help but they were the best I could find on the internet

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like what you've done with it since I sent the original to you, much better. I'll have to get a shirt when they are produced. Nice work!

Thank -you- Chip! You were the one who go the ball rolling on this one. I appreciate your kind words.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I have screen printing, inkjet heat activated dye sublimation, and heatpress vinyl capabilities in my shop.

Screenprinting provides excellent spot color intensity, good detail, and best durability, but costs a fortune to set up and is not practical for print-to-order.

Dye sublimation provides the best graphic detail but does not show well on dark shirts and fades over time, but is easiest to do on a print-to-order basis.

Vinyl provides excellent color intensity but fine detail will be lost, the graphics are prone to cracking and peeling over time, weeding the detail in this piece of art will be time consuming, and the technology is practical for print-to-order.

This image is generated from a factory-stock version of the TW
Generated by whom, and has permission to use the image for commercial purpose been obtained?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts