TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased my first TW200 and have also been 3D printing for about 6 years. The first thing I do for all new vehicles is print out a keychain. Recently, my 8 year old fell in love with dirt biking and is saving money to buy one of his own. I told him if he assembles and packs all of the keychains, I will handle the shipping and he can keep the money. So, for sale are TW200 (Tdub) keychains!

Here are some shots of the keychains next to my 1994 Tdub to give an idea on how well the colors match...

In addition to the colors shown, I have the following printer filament colors (black, orange, red, yellow, green, grey, white, purple). If you really want a color that I do not have, let me know and I will consider buying a roll of filament in the color of your choice.

Price is $4 each, or 3 for $10. Shipping is FREE anywhere in the USA lower 48.

paypal = [email protected]
venmo = jdraper8

If you want more than 3, PM me and we can work out a deal.

Thanks for looking!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I need a Piaggio BV 350 scooter one and a Honda CRF 250L one... :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey JD8, welcome to the forum and nice looking Rainbow Warrior survivor.

Put me down for three keychains - black, blue and white.

Let us help your son get his first dirt bike,

Brian
He was really excited when I told him we sold 3 keychains already! Thanks Brian, I will get these shipped out by tomorrow evening (I am in training until 5pm today so I won't be able to make it to the post office in time).

I need a Piaggio BV 350 scooter one and a Honda CRF 250L one... :p
If I have some spare time in the next few days I will see what I can do!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Cool bro(y)
If you can make one in white of a 96 Plymouth Grand Voyager with blacked out windows I'll take one of those too!
Just to get the kid all stoked up I'll go 10 a piece if you can make me one of all three of those.

Standard red coloring for the Honda.
Piaggio is blue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yamaha introduced a "sandy beige" color in 2018 and it seems like a lot of forum members have it, myself included. You might add that to your list of available colors; I'd be seriously tempted then.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'll take a TDUB in sand color, an orange VanVan, a red MIATA, and a LHN in any color for $15 but only if the kid makes them. PM me if that's good.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We appreciate the excitement, but unfortunately it takes a decent amount of time to draw up a custom keychain in CAD. The other issue is that my son does not know any CAD (yet!). So I think for now we are going to have to stick to the keychains shown in the pictures.

I could make one that is just "TW" or "TW200" if anyone has an interest in either of those options. But unfortunately it is not feasible to make custom keychains for everyone.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I figured that would be the case, too bad. Shoot me your address, I'll send the kid a couple bucks towards his bike fund.(y);)

·
Registered
968 Posts
I'm getting 2, white for my 2015 and blue for buddies 2014. Good idea/design.

·
Registered
226 Posts
As a homeschool Dad, may I suggest that you allow me to up the offer for my order to $20 on the condition that the budding enterpanuer design and Cad it. It's not about dirt bikes, it's about motivation.

You are a good Dad.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
693 Posts
He can do it, jd8, and YOU can teach him! There is no greater gift a child can receive than a challenge, and no greater gift a father can give than knowledge.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys are awesome, he is excited!!

I can definitely teach him to make anything with letters. But for more complicated things that he can't just type, it is going to take some time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello! I'll take a gray and a black one please. I'll send you my address in venmo. Good luck to your son, this is awesome!

Carmen

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you to everyone who made orders so far this weekend. We have everything packed up and ready to ship out tomorrow!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will take a blue one for my spare set, I have already printed one for myself....
:)
I like that one, that is cool!

My payment addresses are...

paypal = [email protected]
venmo = jdraper8

We actually tried to make some multi-colored keychains, but it was a pain to do consistently so we decided against selling them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Keychains for everyone who paid over the weekend have been shipped. I am going to have to figure out an alternative shipping method because the person working at the post office felt each envelope, realized it was not paper, and then made me ship each item as if it were a package as opposed to a letter. So, each package costs $3.80 to ship. Not great! If anyone has any suggestions I am interested in hearing them.

I asked why they cost more to ship, he said the distinction is simply because if the letter has anything in it but paper, it is considered a "package" (he even told me processing methods are identical). So that makes no sense and is really unfortunate for this project.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts