TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this bike off the classified section here. Been lots of fun here are some pics.

Hard to see the TW in this picture. The day before i ran a tie down off the left side footpeg. Everyone liked it and thats what we do now. The TW200 is a badass!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heres a scary one. I found the masterlink clip coming loose during a general inspection. So i fixed it. Would check before each ride and that darn thing kept coming loose. Meant to order a new chain but i lagged. Sure enough im commuting the TW back home after work. 5th gear pinned on a long straight hill climb. I think to myself "darn.....i forgot to check the masterlink". Sure enough 20 seconds later i here a whack whack!! I know exactly what happened. Pull in the clutch and wonder if my rear tire is going to lock up. I got way lucky. Chain exited without damage to the case or to me. Im commuting in shorts and running shoes. One of the most stupid points in my life.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
So, you have new sprockets and chain now? :p

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
looks like some kind of support under rack. You like the RC thing. Lots of fun toys. Looks like you re-engineered the seat padding/foam???

·
Registered
604 Posts
looks like some kind of support under rack. You like the RC thing. Lots of fun toys. Looks like you re-engineered the seat padding/foam???
Oh now I see it that's pretty cool.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Heres a scary one. I found the masterlink clip coming loose during a general inspection. So i fixed it. Would check before each ride and that darn thing kept coming loose. Meant to order a new chain but i lagged. Sure enough im commuting the TW back home after work. 5th gear pinned on a long straight hill climb. I think to myself "darn.....i forgot to check the masterlink". Sure enough 20 seconds later i here a whack whack!! I know exactly what happened. Pull in the clutch and wonder if my rear tire is going to lock up. I got way lucky. Chain exited without damage to the case or to me. Im commuting in shorts and running shoes. One of the most stupid points in my life.

If that is the lower chain guard in the picture, your clip is on backwards. The closed end should be leading in the direction of travel so if it gets hit it is pushed against the pin and not pushed off like in the picture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts