TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not resist posting this to get Tom and Russ to turn different shades of green. It's about the AG 200 which shares the TDub's powerplant. If I had not recently bought an XL250R for a little less, I'd jump at it. The mileage is impressively high and wonder if it's had anything done to the engine. My 95 has less than half the mileage so is good news if that engine is unopened. The condition is good and the price is right down there (R4500 = $560 so would take $500) giving romm in the budget for an engine rebuild. Feast your eyes on all those racks and imagine building your own XTW with this.

Malcolm

http://durban.gumtree.co.za/c-Cars-Vehicles-motorcycles-motorbikes-scooters-Yamaha-Ag200-urgent-sale-W0QQAdIdZ331185222

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Go ahead, rub it in....

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I really like the AG bikes, it's a shame we can't get them here.

Speaking of sensible, utilitarian gizmos sourced from other bikes, you should post pics of your CT90 fuel bottle.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Well sir, I have no way to post a picture, I could e mail one to you if you Can put it up. I Really like that little extra .6 gallon gas carrier, Thanks for noticing it.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
It was such a smart idea that I already saved it. I'll let you do the explaining. I'm already catching enough grief for whining about the good ol' days when trail bikes didn't pretend to be anything else. I've seriously considered mounting two of these in place of the passenger pegs. They're starting fetch collector prices here, so I figger Malcolm will inform us that they have so many of them that they use them for urinals
:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
That little auxiliary gas tank has been on two of my Honda Trail 90's, my Kawasaki bayou 4 wheeler, it hung on the sidecar of my Ural, and it was on my Chang Jiang 750. I used a piece of flat steel bent at a 90 and two U bolts to mount it to the Yamaha rack. Twice it has kept me from hiking out. I've replaced the AK47 mag pouch seen in the picture with a set of Wolfman E-10 enduro bags, I really like them.

I agree with you on trail bikes, I don't want a pretend motocross racer. I want a real trail bike, I really want the XTW250! Thanks for posting that pic for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts