TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YouTube user TDubsKid has a playlist w/ his upgrade and tech videos. He covers basic things like oil changes, chain maintenance, etc. I suspect he has to be a lurker here, since some of the info he has is highly familiar to this forum.

Since the playlist cover both subjects, I'm putting here since I perceive this subforum to get more traffic than the tech subforum.

Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8mZIezxajWy-M9SQAFZD-g

Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvPrccibhdwSSSo9whkMaWcZX2fYd070g

He's to the point, has great shots, shows the needed aspects (i.e., doesn't say, "and then do the hard thing which I won't show for time savings" like so many YT "How To" videos), and usually does a before/after comparison.

His editing and effects are getting pretty dang good. My only beef with his videos overall is his language seems to be getting worse in the ride videos, which takes away my oldest son's ability to watch.

Here are a few example upgrade videos:

I'm not associated w/ TDubsKid, nor do I know him despite being geographically close. TDubsKid -- if you're on here, say hi!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I second this. His sense of humour gets a little goofy, but he puts some work into the videos and it shows. He covers some good stuff, and also pays attention to details that might help someone tackling stuff like this for the first time...like "always remove the negative terminal first.."....etc.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks! I'll certainly check some of those out and subscribe.

As an aside, YouTube videos get truncated from the right when I try to view them on my iPad:

Is this a known and/or common issue?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I only know of them coming with a smooth screen filter. I replaced mine with a metal (KN) pleated screen filter. I did a search and didn't see a paper filter available for the TW.

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Thanks! I'll certainly check some of those out and subscribe.

As an aside, YouTube videos get truncated from the right when I try to view them on my iPad:

Is this a known and/or common issue?
Mine did this on my regular computer when I had the font set to large (aka I had the zoom set larger so I could see letters better). Seems like it doesn't happen as much since I returned to the 100 % setting though if I memory serves it still happens once in a while but when I log back in on another day it's back to normal. Electrons, ugh, whadda ya gone a do eh!:D

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
I'm a bit confused*.

Do TDubs ship with pleated paper oil filters in place?

*Certainly neither the first nor the last time!

My 3 TW's ( 2005, 2015, 2016) came with the smooth metallic filter as mentioned. I've heard of the pleated metallic filters but only seen pitchers of one here on the forum. Didn't even know a paper one was available. I've just cleaned and reused the stock filter that came with the TW's.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My 3 TW's ( 2005, 2015, 2016) came with the smooth metallic filter as mentioned. I've heard of the pleated metallic filters but only seen pitchers of one here on the forum. Didn't even know a paper one was available. I've just cleaned and reused the stock filter that came with the TW's.
Thanks all. I plan to change oil for the first time at around 150 miles. If it stops raining - which its supposed to - that should occur next week some time. I'll let you know what's in there on my 2017.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts