TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has used the TEIKEI jets to rejet their TW,where did you order them from and if you have a part number(s)...main jet and pilot jet....I'm guessing a 130 main and a 33--34 pilot?...i'm 400--1200ft above sea level?.Yea I kmow,use mikuni,but I've read where there is a thread difference in the two makes....possibly a cause for stripping/not a good fit!.

·
Registered
540 Posts
If anyone has used the TEIKEI jets to rejet their TW,where did you order them from and if you have a part number(s)...main jet and pilot jet....I'm guessing a 130 main and a 33--34 pilot?...i'm 400--1200ft above sea level?.Yea I kmow,use mikuni,but I've read where there is a thread difference in the two makes....possibly a cause for stripping/not a good fit!.

main jets- physical size thread size jet size are all different on earlier years, ask me how I know

stick with yamaha OEM jet, order from yamaha dealers

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
main jets- physical size thread size jet size are all different on earlier years, ask me how I know

stick with yamaha OEM jet, order from yamaha dealers

Qwerty and you are saying YAMAHA jets...I presume you folks are indicating Teikei jets ......correct?;and in qwerty's post on the topic,those are Teikei part numbers?.

Thank you for the responses!!!.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Qwerty and you are saying YAMAHA jets...I presume you folks are indicating Teikei jets ......correct?;and in qwerty's post on the topic,those are Teikei part numbers?.

Thank you for the responses!!!.

if you order the yamaha OEM part number you will get the correct yamaha jet for your carb

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you order the yamaha OEM part number you will get the correct yamaha jet for your carb

Thank you ,good to know...they cross reference numbers I suppose...thanks to folks like you guys..this is getting easier...I'm not too mechanically inclined!!...I do ok,but.... .

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thank you ,good to know...they cross reference numbers I suppose...thanks to folks like you guys..this is getting easier...I'm not too mechanically inclined!!...I do ok,but.... .
no cross reference

pre 2001

#114 jet, yamaha part 288-14343-57-00

#116 jet, yamaha part 288-14343-58-00

#118 jet, yamaha part 288-14343-59-00

#120 jet, yamaha part 288-14343-60-00

#122 jet, yamaha part 288-14343-61-00

newer cv carb info from qwerty

The TW200 late carb main jets are:

#125- 288-14343-63

#128- 288-14343-64

#130- 288-14343-65

#132- 288-14343-66

·
Registered
522 Posts
I got #31 and #128 jets from boats.net, search for TW200 carburetor and you will find drawings of all parts.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Begin rant.

What's with the propensity of people wanting to run all kinds of crap in their motorcycle. Just go to Yamaha and buy bigger jets that actually fit, and that are numbered sequentially. A #130 jet from Yamaha doesn't flow the same as a #130 jet from Keihin or Mikuni. I'm confused enough without tossing another wrench in the works. It isn't even necessary to know what kind of carb is on the bike. Air doen't care. Gas doesn't care. Jets are $3.48 from www.stadiumyamaha.com. If you're too cheap to buy the right jets, you should have bought a Chinese bike instead.

End rant.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Begin rant.

What's with the propensity of people wanting to run all kinds of crap in their motorcycle. Just go to Yamaha and buy bigger jets that actually fit, and that are numbered sequentially. A #130 jet from Yamaha doesn't flow the same as a #130 jet from Keihin or Mikuni. I'm confused enough without tossing another wrench in the works. It isn't even necessary to know what kind of carb is on the bike. Air doen't care. Gas doesn't care. Jets are $3.48 from www.stadiumyamaha.com. If you're too cheap to buy the right jets, you should have bought a Chinese bike instead.

End rant.

Go easy on the Chinese. Sinophilia is listening.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Evidently the position of Vice President Yamaha's Dept of Part Number Encryption doesn't pay well. The part numbers contain the actual jet sizes, divided by 2.

57 X 2= 114

58 X 2= 116

I'm not allowed to play with sharp objects.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Begin rant.

End rant.

Care to explain your rant?

"propensity of people wanting to run all kinds of crap in their motorcycle"..huh,did you even read my post(without a Budlight)?...."buy bigger jets that actually fit"..thats the point of asking for part numbers!...."a #130 jet from Yamaha doesn't flow..bla,bla,bla,,no shit,that's why the Word Teikei was introduced!...."if your to cheap to buy...bla,bla,bla"

...just want the right parts qwerty!...if your having a bad day,so be it!...see your therapist...don't take it out on folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

·
Registered
918 Posts

The TW200 late carb main jets are:

#125- 288-14343-63

#128- 288-14343-64

#130- 288-14343-65

#132- 288-14343-66

DEMARKO69 already gave you the part numbers you are looking for. You can go to any online Yamaha dealer parts website, do a part search for your year TW, and the main jet will show two options...one of them being #128 (p/n 288-14343-64; yes, they may add a "00" to that but it's the same thing). That said, if you want larger jets, use what DEMARKO69 gave above to the size you are interested in. Or ask your dealer to find the sizes for you.

Try it here,

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/tousleymotorsports/Yamaha_OEM/YamahaDB.asp?Type=13&A=348&B=9

#14 is the main jet. Put a quantity of (1) in for the #128 jet and add the item to your cart. You will see the part number for it and its similarity to the other numbers from DEMARKO69. This is for a 2004 TW CV carb.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Evidently the position of Vice President Yamaha's Dept of Part Number Encryption doesn't pay well. The part numbers contain the actual jet sizes, divided by 2.

57 X 2= 114

58 X 2= 116

I'm not allowed to play with sharp objects.

or you could take the size of the jet you want and divide by 2 and insert into the yamaha part number.

for example 118/2=59 ie yamaha part# 288-14343-59-00

btw- I always run with scissors in one hand and a knife in the other

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DEMARKO69 already gave you the part numbers you are looking for. You can go to any online Yamaha dealer parts website, do a part search for your year TW, and the main jet will show two options...one of them being #128 (p/n 288-14343-64; yes, they may add a "00" to that but it's the same thing). That said, if you want larger jets, use what DEMARKO69 gave above to the size you are interested in. Or ask your dealer to find the sizes for you.

Try it here,

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/tousleymotorsports/Yamaha_OEM/YamahaDB.asp?Type=13&A=348&B=9

#14 is the main jet. Put a quantity of (1) in for the #128 jet and add the item to your cart. You will see the part number for it and its similarity to the other numbers from DEMARKO69. This is for a 2004 TW CV carb.

Correct.....thank you.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Care to explain your rant?
Nope. Care to explain why you are too lazy to look up any of the 158674333 other threads already answering the same question, starting the the sticky titled "Carb Tuning" at the top of this section?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope. Care to explain why you are too lazy to look up any of the 158674333 other threads already answering the same question, starting the the sticky titled "Carb Tuning" at the top of this section?

Lazy...negative...did search,the majority of folks spoke of mikuni jets;I wanted Teikei's so there would be no question on fitment...as folks said there was with using mikunis.You tow guys always display this attitude...just because it's a show on TV doesn't make you a star!...also,it's bad karma to leave women and child(dren)stranded in the snow...just because you have a "chip".

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Lazy...negative...did search,the majority of folks spoke of mikuni jets;I wanted Teikei's so there would be no question on fitment...as folks said there was with using mikunis.You tow guys always display this attitude...just because it's a show on TV doesn't make you a star!...also,it's bad karma to leave women and child(dren)stranded in the snow...just because you have a "chip".
Yes, we develop attitudes from putting up with people like you. Nobody cares what you think.
Wait! Do you think? I'm about the 4th person you've crossed on this forum. Maybe get the "chip" out of your own eye?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I didn't understand half of your conversation

Anyway, the jets sold by boats.net are Yamaha OEM parts, just a tiny bit cheaper than Yamaha price list.

P.S.: I hear Chinese bikes are not so bad (but I wouldn't get one myself, nor would I get an Italian one right now
)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts