TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of us have "Avatars"........all of us have a "Handle." Some are self explanatory, most are not. Maybe you'd like to tell us about how you came up with your Name/Handle or about your Avatar.:confused: Or tell us about your quote or signature.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Avatar Photo=Me discussing a hit batter situation with Ohio Hall of Fame Coach "Spanky Schumm" during a High School District Final Baseball Game in 2012.....

"Hoot Gibson" .... Great Grandmother was a Gibson, "Hoot Gibson" was my dad's favorite Cowboy actor back in the day.....plus he was/his name was a punch line for a old quote my old man used to say ...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Thanks Hoot for sharing that. I guess you broke the ice. Now we know a bit of your personal history. Are you still coaching?

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just dig Moose. They are an animal most people look past. They are a strong and determined animal that are just plain bad arse!!

My handle is my first initial and last name. First time I have ever done that on a forum. Usually it is motorcycle related like 2 winged (my Honda CB360, CL350) for the wings on a Honda emblem and two cylinder engine.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I'm the Umpire in the Photo:p....been working High School and College baseball since 1973...Have worked High school football for 15 years or so, and basketball for 10...still going strong with a full schedule this past basketball season and some 90 games HS, College, and American Legion Baseball scheduled for this spring and summer, starting next week.

I did also coach various levels of baseball, soccer, and some football in years past....

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I should explain my Avatar/Handle since I brought it up......

For those of you who didn't see Napolean Dynamite. My avatar is Uncle Rico. I relate to his character. He was having a mid life crisis and wanted to travel back in time to his Senior Year in High School in 1982. My Senior Year as well. He was stuck in the past, sometimes my problem as well. And my Handle means Quarter Back like my Avatar and I also love the Mountains or going over the Passes.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks Dubzha , I'm a newbie so I didn't realize there was a thread like this in 2012. Maybe we can use this for newbies and Senior members who don't mind being redundant.

Reactions: Dubzha

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Nothing exciting here... My initials, out of order because someone must have registered prior. No avatar yet, pure lazy on my part, LOL...

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
q-w-e-r-t-y is easy to type. My natural disposition is that of a grizzly, but I'm trying to be a care. It's hard. I am pleased that I haven't ripped anyone's body parts off in over 3 years.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i had wildcat hides hung up at the cottage in the living room,and after a few evenings of sitting around the camp fire drinking a few too many wildcat beer,a buddy started calling me wildcat. the pencil skech of the bobcat was done by a friend in tenn.she is an artist and sculpter.

·
Registered
20,487 Posts
I originally registered as "Singletracker" , perhaps a little presumptuous but suited my riding style, then immediately forgot my password and thus could never get back in nor re-register using that name, forum said my name was taken, couldn't successfully correct. After a few years I came back wanting to post so I just tried to register under my name as a test and low and behold I was registered as "Fred". Simple and honest but I do miss the mystery and trill of being "Singletracker" ....ya know a single minded dude who just wants to ride singletrack trails on his TW.
Hey moderators, is it possible to reclaim "singletracker"?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
q-w-e-r-t-y is easy to type. My natural disposition is that of a grizzly, but I'm trying to be a care. It's hard. I am pleased that I haven't ripped anyone's body parts off in over 3 years.
that and "p-o-i-u-y" was already taken ;)

btw- my uncle's brother was the coroner for 'grizzly man'

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I, like you pass man, graduated in 1982. I seem to have a midlife crisis about once a week! Sometimes more often…

My avatar is a picture of my 1997 Trail Way just a few days after I first brought it home. Of course I was very proud of it, but I couldn't figure out how to post an avatar! And that's when Russ stepped in. He posted it up there for me, and that's where it will stay!

The moniker, "Mike's house of madness" is best left to the imagination… :dontknow: m.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I too had trouble getting an Avatar to work. I'm technologically challenged. My test Avatar was a picture of me in a homemade Elvis costume sitting on my TW. I did however learn to use Photobucket. When I found an image I liked, I reduced the pixels and used it here.

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Avatar: I am a descendant of the British Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson. I am not related to Admiral Harriman Nelson from the movie/tv show Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

Of course, I could be lying.

It could have just be a nickname I was given by a supervisor at my work.
You decide which is:bs:eek:r not!

·
Registered
385 Posts
My avatar. It was a Friday. Crayon day. And my tablet has a drawing program. My first take at a TW200.
Thanks to the Lizrd for the concept of Crayon Day.

Reactions: Pass Man

·
Registered
66 Posts
Reactions: Pass Man

·
Registered
98 Posts
Alas... my avitar TW200ME on a New Hampshire plate. I've been a motorcycle enthusiast near all my life, and a TW fan well before becoming a member here. I am still awaiting to acquire my first TW. It seems that about the time I think enough money has been stashed away something pops up diverting said monies. My handle ... Indigo has a two fold meaning, it is a soothing blue color that I am at home with ( I'm near always wearing denim), and at the time I joined the forum I was living in NW Indiana.

Reactions: Fred
1 - 20 of 21 Posts