TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do users of the Vapor or similar devices know the reading of the TW’s temperature at the spark plug?

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
My temperature sensor is located on the low drain plug. However any cheap $30 infrared laser thermometer can give accurate readings at spark plug and many other uses.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Possibly expand on what you're looking to find out? I was just reading 3-page thread over on another air-cooled-single-cylinder forum that was all about engine temps, and how they varied wildly depending on speed, load, exactly where it was measured..ie: 40 degrees F difference from a spot an inch away on the head. or 315 at 80pmh but rolls up to 330-340 at 85mph (obviously not a TW forum..lol)
Anyway...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This question was prompted by seeing the temperature at the spark plug as reported by the just installed Vapor.

I saw termperatures of 325 to 348 and was surprised by this. So, I wanted to know if any other owners of TWs who measure temperature at the spark plug could confirm that this is normal operating range.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well, 'over there' the user reported temps with the TT Vapor and the CHT hooked up: 330-340F at highway speeds. And that is an air/oil cooled DR650... So those temps don't seem completely out to lunch.

·
Super Moderator
5,315 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx for all the input.

Now I have a baseline...

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
mine runs mid to low 300s constantly. I call it hot when I approach 400 which rarely happens.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts