TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of year again. Looking for a get together June 29TH or 30TH starting from Tellico Outfitter's at 10AM. Gap,J.B.,Longroof,Jerry anyone interested? I'll be able to ride both days so whatever works best let me know.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be interested but I will be kayaking that weekend. Be sure to ride trail 81 and 82 there fun.
Kayaking? Where!! That's also something I want to do but not class 3/4. The wife all most drowned on the Hiawassee ( Her story) so no crazy stuff.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Kayaking? Where!! That's also something I want to do but not class 3/4. The wife all most drowned on the Hiawassee ( Her story) so no crazy stuff.
My wife and I are going to the Nantahala. We live next to the Hiwassee and run it every few days so we go to the Nantahala a few times a year so she can run something different. I cant get her on the Ocoee with me yet. Maybe I can talk her into some easier creeks this fall. Hit me up if you want to paddle in the area sometime.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Hi X,

I will be in NC until the 29th (leaving on the 30th), then need to return south for a week or two.

I'm recovering from a shoulder injury. I can still ride, but it's better if I not attempt any serious off road riding.

After last year's mishap, I'm surprised you would ride with me.

Any news on the missing trailer?

jb

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi X,

I will be in NC until the 29th (leaving on the 30th), then need to return south for a week or two.

I'm recovering from a shoulder injury. I can still ride, but it's better if I not attempt any serious off road riding.

After last year's mishap, I'm surprised you would ride with me.

Any news on the missing trailer?

jb
First off. I hope you heal up soon. Second. I'd ride with you any time.Even Roe wants to ride with you again. Last.It's still gone but the good news is the insurance company gave us more than what we paid for it! Just wish the buggar's had left our walking sticks that I hand carved.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the weathers nice I'll just show up and see who's there. I'm not much into riding in heavy rain anymore. J.B. I may try to call you during the week if my phone works.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Xracer is currently off the grid. He's camping out on his property in Athens, Tn.

The plan is still to meet up at Tellico Motorcycle Outfitters in Tellico Plains this Sat., June 29th at 10 am for a leisurely dual sport ride.

It will probably be a 50/50 forest service/paved road ride.

I'm usually the slow guy, and am still recovering from a shoulder injury, so there won't be any rock climbing or log jumping...just a sedate day enjoying the outdoors, with a stop for lunch along the way.

Anyone who wishes to ride along is welcome.

jb

·
Registered
149 Posts
I plan to scoot up from GA.
Fog is a problem in the mornings after all the rains.
Hope to see ya at 10AM.

If'n the creek rises, so much the better, cuz I got me a TW!

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
That's great. We will be looking for you.

The weatherman reports sunny to partly cloudy tomorrow. Hope he is right this time.

jb

·
Registered
445 Posts
Take pics for those of us who couldn't make it please.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
We will miss you,

The weather here north of Murphy is sunny and clear.
I was thinking I should have asked you to to come up the night before, and we could ride over the mountains together, maybe next time.

Getting on the road shortly.

jb

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
This may have been the perfect day.

Sunny , clear blue sky, and temperatures in the 70's.

My TW was packed and ready to go, but at the last minute I decided to take the DR since Twisty wouldn't be able to make it.

The usual suspects gathered in Tellico Plains. Only three of those bikes would be going our way.

That's Xracer in the white Harley t-shirt. And seated in the black t-shirt is out surprise guest....Longroof.

I hadn't seen Xracer since last year, and it's been two years or longer since I've seen Longroof.

You long-time forum members will recognize this bike. It's Longroof's Touring TW.

There's a TW somewhere under all that gear.

Here's the itinerary:

Steer Creek Rd.
Towee Falls Rd.
Cooper Hollow Rd.
Joe Brown Highway
Hiwassee Dam Access Rd
Lower/Upper Bear Paw Rd.
Candy Mt. Rd.
Wayhutty Rd.
Stanisbury Mt. Rd.
Kimsey Mt. Highway
TN 30
TN 315
TN 39

·
Registered
2,483 Posts

It was a wonderful ride, at a leisurely pace, on roads that had virtually no traffic.

We had lunch at the Copper Kettle in Ducktown.

Then over Kimsey Mountain to Greasy Creek, to Reliance, and then back to Tellico Plains.

A great day.

jb

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
It's too bad Twisty couldn't make it, but cool that you got to ride with a couple of friends you haven't seen in awhile. That's a nice DR you have there. Nice pics, everything is so green and pretty, and you can see a long ways from the lookouts. It certainly does look like you had a great day. Thanks for sharing it with us.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Hey, CapD,

It's been a long time since you've been around. I'd be happy for you to stop by if I'm still in NC then.

Depending on the weather, October is the time I usually think about heading south to FL.

I have wondered where you've been. I even asked about you over at Crawford's Campground,

jb

1 - 20 of 22 Posts