TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that are passing through my way I would like to extend an invitation.

I have two acres of open field and an acre of standing fir trees to put up a tent. If raining, there is always the shop. A place to wash clothes and clean yourself up.

As I am at the bottom of the Olympic peninsula between Olympia and Aberdeen it is the gateway to the ocean and some great riding.

Would love to have the TW family stop by if coming my way.

This is in Montesano, Washington. ph 360 581 6648

·
Registered
736 Posts
This is the kind of assistance offered in BMWMOA. Its strictly voluntary for members, you could offer tent space, bed space, storage for broken bike, tech help, roadside pick up...any number of things. Also just meet and hang out. They list it in the handbook by state. Some folks use it for traveling across country.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Of course you can come in the house lol. That should go without saying. With a two bedroom house with shop and all the necessaries it is there for any that come. I am just saying, I have a place that can take care of a multitude get together. It is empty and open to any that come my way.

After being with TW members I feel like I have a family of brothers and sisters from around the world. All are welcome.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I will be at the family homestead near Pe Ell over Memorial weekend, but don't think I will make it any closer to Monte. Well come and go through Raymond.
Is the Brooklyn tavern still open? I could do a TW ride from Monte for a beer. How about late summer?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Brooklyn Tavern is still open. Has been passed on to the son and daughter in law. Seems they are doing ok last I heard. With the logging companies shutting down all the roads for recreation though it is hurting them.

Come on up Mule, be glad to treat you to a cold one.

·
Registered
20,489 Posts
Still enough trees for Bananachunks and Dryden-Tdub to stretch out their hammocks?
Awesome invitation there Randall, can't think of a better excuse to wander north.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Very nice offer plumbstraight, I've got a sister that lives outside Mcleary on the Mox - Chehalis Rd. and one that lives just out of Olympia. If I ever get down that way it seems there are a bunch of good folks riding TW that would be fun to meet. I was born in Shelton and I think my great granddad's locomotive still sits outside the Post Office on Railroad Ave. He was an engineer for Simpson Logging.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice offer plumbstraight, I've got a sister that lives outside Mcleary on the Mox - Chehalis Rd. and one that lives just out of Olympia. If I ever get down that way it seems there are a bunch of good folks riding TW that would be fun to meet. I was born in Shelton and I think my great granddad's locomotive still sits outside the Post Office on Railroad Ave. He was an engineer for Simpson Logging.
Yes that locomotive is still there. Simson timber used to be big here. They just sold the mill in Shelton to Sierra Pacific. Laid off a lot of good men. If and when you come down I have extra TW's for a ride. Don't be bashful. There are some TW riders here that are just a weeks notice from riding.

Does your sister and fellow ride?. Go right by the Mox a couple times a week.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That is a mighty fine offer, I haven't been down that way for 5 or 6 years. My sister near Mcleary doesn't ride and I haven't met her man so don't know, but don't think so.

Most of my dads side of the family worked in the woods on the peninsula. My dad did as well until he pulled up stakes and moved to Alaska right after WW2.

Reactions: plumbstraight

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
And you can search for Willy Kiels' grave and have a beer at the Tombstone tavern just down the hill from it.
It is from one of the weirdest stories of western migration Known. Willy Kiel led the wagon train from Saint Louis even though he was dead for the whole trip.
I think I remember it being on Hwy 6 not far from Raymond along the Willipa River. He is buried there in a lead coffin full of whisky.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts