TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to upgrade from a KLR650 to a TW200*. I seem to have fallen in love with this little bike but it feels like an online relationship because I have only experienced it via scores of YouTube videos, photographs, and of course by reading through many discussions on this wonderful forum. I am hoping to meet this lovely machine in person before I commit to a hopefully life-long relationship. Are there any TW200s in or around San Antonio, TX that I could meet in person, sit on, and maybe even give a short ride if the owner feels comfortable?

A little about me: I like long slow rides on the sandy beach and the KLR just doesn’t. I love nature, camping, and never being in a hurry (expect for meeting a TW). Are you the one for me, TW200?

I’m happy to compensate you for your time.

* Feasibility of long-term motocamping from Mexico to Argentina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine is neither close to San Antonio or close to stock.
Any other TX members closer?

Reactions: Explorak

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have a nice new stock TW200 and I'll let you take it out for a day or two. I also have a nice new Suzuki VanVan (Suzuki's answer to Yamaha).

You are welcome here any time and we are not far away. I have made the trip from San Antonio to my place many times...

1... Head West on I-10 and drive for 5 days at approximately 70mph.

2... Cross the border into New Mexico and keep going west til you hit I-5... Just a few hours.

3... Go north on I-5 a few more hours til you cross over into Oregon, and I am not far off the highway in Grants Pass.

Well, at least that is how I remember it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dang, that Texas is a big ole place, ain't it?

PS... From your description, I can't imagine that you would not love the TW200.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'd let you take mine out...

Heck, I sold my Super Sherpa last weekend, and all of the potential buyers wanted to sit on the TW too. They did, of course. Weird how TWs "collect" people.

Good luck with your quest.

·
Registered
66 Posts
None of the dealers in S.A. have one on the floor?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Woods in North Austin often has one on their floor surrounded by a sea of Groms. It's pretty funny because it makes the TW tires look insanely big by comparison.

Anyhow, there is a Woods delaer in New Braunfels north of SA, maybe they can bring a bike down from the Austin location?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woods in North Austin often has one on their floor surrounded by a sea of Groms. It's pretty funny because it makes the TW tires look insanely big by comparison.

Anyhow, there is a Woods delaer in New Braunfels north of SA, maybe they can bring a bike down from the Austin location?
Great I’ll look into that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
you simply cannot go wrong with a TW they are perhaos the easiest bike to adjust to rider size both large and small, they have an ever growig cult following and they seem to keep going up in value on used TW's in good condition hell even beaters are $2500 with not one straight part on them lol

You can safely buy one and try it out all you want like the 2019 in Florida with 400 miles thats worth more like $4700 in todays market so you can have a free fun road trip buy the bike, ride it and if you don't love it flip it and walk away $500 ahead maybe more !!!

·
Registered
66 Posts

Mosty stock 2009 for 2350. His number is a texas area code for the san angelo area (3 hrs NW) of SA

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Mosty stock 2009 for 2350. His number is a texas area code for the san angelo area (3 hrs NW) of SA
You’re awesome! Thank you, just reached out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just drove my first TDub!

Thank you so much to all the kind folks who offered to let me ride there bike and especially to [mention]Brad Lehmann [/mention] who let both me and my girlfriend ride around his neat property! We had a blast. It definitely didn’t feel to small for me at all (6’ 180lbs). Such wonderful stability and control. What a transition from the KLR650.

I want to test out the XT250 before making a final decision (so let me know if you’d be willing to let me test ride yours near San Antonio!) but I’m pretty convinced the mule is for me.

Thanks again, Brad!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts