TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couple weeks ago Borneo sent me this knife and I want thank him on this thread. I have been wearing it and it's a fantastic USA made Schrade LTD. Apprently they are no longer made in the USA which makes it that much more special. Thanks Again Kurt
Rick

image.jpeg

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I couple weeks ago Borneo sent me this knife and I want thank him on this thread. I have been wearing it and it's a fantastic USA made Schrade LTD. Apprently they are no longer made in the USA which makes it that much more special. Thanks Again Kurt
Rick

View attachment 26708

So is it safe to assume you have not received the yellow handled Schrade sharpfinger I sent you? :(

Tom

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is it safe to assume you have not received the yellow handled Schrade sharpfinger I sent you? :(

Tom
No I haven't received it. What carrier did you use?

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
No I haven't received it. What carrier did you use?
USPS. I will ask my wife when I call her in the morning. I sent it LAST Saturday but flew to Atlanta, Ga. Monday and will be here until Friday. I took a picture of it on my phone for posterity sake but will have to login via Tapatalk to post it. I will be back in a minute.

Tom

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Not as nice as the one Kurt gave you but it was the only one I have ever owned.

I am sure it will show up. If it winds up back at my place I will just send it again. Unfortunately that won't be until I get back home I am so sorry I wanted it to be a nice surprise.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You Tom it's a beautiful knife I'm excited to receive and I'll be checking the mail box everyday.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Thank You Tom it's a beautiful knife I'm excited to receive and I'll be checking the mail box everyday.
Actually, having seen the one Kurt gave you I hope you use mine as a workhorse and save Kurts for finer jobs. His is just so pretty!

Tom

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Actually, having seen the one Kurt gave you I hope you use mine as a workhorse and save Kurts for finer jobs. His is just so pretty!

Tom
Everything I own gets used just on different days. I love the variety and receiving it from a friend makes it special. I'll work these knives like Mr. Schrade intended them to be used....I'm never without a knife :D

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Top, I have YOUR knife back at my house!:D I will be re-sending it tomorrow or at the latest Thursday. Local post office CLAIMS that I should have notified them that the package contained "dangerous goods" or some such nonsense. You have gotta love the communist Tompkins county.

Tom

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Have to wonder HOW they knew it was..."dangerous goods"...inside a sealed box ?:confused:
Just when I had grown accustomed to YOU providing answers NOT questions.....:p

I have no idea but can ask them when I go back. Think they will actually tell me?

Tom

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Top, I have YOUR knife back at my house!:D I will be re-sending it tomorrow or at the latest Thursday. Local post office CLAIMS that I should have notified them that the package contained "dangerous goods" or some such nonsense. You have gotta love the communist Tompkins county.

Tom
I had that happen once when I sent a buddy some really strong Neodymium magnets. I guess the box kept sticking to stuff in the sorting machines and the postmaster kicked it back telling me to put them in a larger box with lots of packing all around them. For a very small magnet those things are wildly strong. I can have one on top of my 2 inch thick dinning room oak table and the other one under it and move them around.

GaryL

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I had that happen once when I sent a buddy some really strong Neodymium magnets. I guess the box kept sticking to stuff in the sorting machines and the postmaster kicked it back telling me to put them in a larger box with lots of packing all around them. For a very small magnet those things are wildly strong. I can have one on top of my 2 inch thick dinning room oak table and the other one under it and move them around.

GaryL
I suspect that insured packages go through some type of scanner. Otherwise you could send ANYTHING in the mail. I really am only guessing though.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts