TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Congrats on the new bike!

Let us know what's new for this model year - fuel injection, a 6-speed tranny, full adult-size footpegs, a speedometer that isn't a leftover from the 1980's?

Just kidding, you'll be happy to know that your brand new TW is pretty much the same as every other TW since 1987.

What mods do you have planned?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on the new bike!

Let us know what's new for this model year - fuel injection, a 6-speed tranny, full adult-size footpegs, a speedometer that isn't a leftover from the 1980's?

Just kidding, you'll be happy to know that your brand new TW is pretty much the same as every other TW since 1987.

What mods do you have planned?
i'm going to ride it stock for a bit, but my first mods will be handgaurds, a rear rack, and probably bigger footpegs.

Registered
Looks good. This would be a great time to unscrew the exhaust tip and remove it. Anti-seize the contact points and add an Allen screw coated with anti seize. This is probably going to be the cheapest and easiest mod you鈥檒l do.

Registered
If one of the first mods is not a better front tire then indeed the handguards might be put to use sooner than expected protecting the levers and perches in your first real "get-to-know" experience with the stock Death Wing tire.

Beware the wash-out potential if mixing cornering input with front brake application with the stock tire. Change the tire and late braking into corners becomes much more secure on most all surfaces short of ice.

Reactions: Purple

Registered
If one of the first mods is not a better front tire then indeed the handguards might be put to use sooner than expected protecting the levers and perches in your first real "get-to-know" experience with the stock Death Wing tire.

Beware the wash-out potential if mixing cornering input with front brake application with the stock tire. Change the tire and late braking into corners becomes much more secure on most all surfaces short of ice.
What鈥檚 wrong with the stock tire? I have awhile before my bike arrives, so I鈥檓 starting to look into upgrades now.

Registered
What鈥檚 wrong with the stock tire? I have awhile before my bike arrives, so I鈥檓 starting to look into upgrades now.
The stock front tire would be awesome if the TW had ABS! Like any other two wheeled machine without ABS, Don't panic grab front brake unless you're going straight :geek:

Registered
I just put a reserve on a 2021 that came in to a shop in New Mexico. Picking it up on Tuesday. I just emailed the shop asking if they had any TW鈥檚. They said no. Then the next day said they just got a new one in! So I put a deposit. Guess I lucked out. Can鈥檛 wait to check it out!

Registered
I just put a reserve on a 2021 that came in to a shop in New Mexico. Picking it up on Tuesday. I just emailed the shop asking if they had any TW鈥檚. They said no. Then the next day said they just got a new one in! So I put a deposit. Guess I lucked out. Can鈥檛 wait to check it out!
You did luck out. Post some pics when ya get it!

Registered
I will post some pics after I pick it up. I heard that they had this 2021 and got off the phone with them. Unaware of how hard it was to get a new one (I was looking for any TW at the dealer, even previous years that were new) so, I am glad that my panic and worry snapped into place about someone else getting it. They told me $250 holds it for a week. If you change your mind, we鈥檒l give you back the $$. This gave me time to talk to my wife... ;) But after talking to the shop, they said that 20 people on the first day, seeing it on the showroom floor, had asked about it Already. :) I did get lucky.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts