TW200 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I will post some pics after I pick it up. I heard that they had this 2021 and got off the phone with them. Unaware of how hard it was to get a new one (I was looking for any TW at the dealer, even previous years that were new) so, I am glad that my panic and worry snapped into place about someone else getting it. They told me $250 holds it for a week. If you change your mind, we’ll give you back the $$. This gave me time to talk to my wife... ;) But after talking to the shop, they said that 20 people on the first day, seeing it on the showroom floor, had asked about it Already. :) I did get lucky.
Haha. I’d be telling them to put it in the back so people wouldn’t sit on it or rub their Covid hands all over it. Lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
@wifiandweed...any chance you can post up a photo of your 'seatbolts' area (with the seat off if possible)? Similar to the below/attached photos....I had someone reach out to me and say that the seatbolts connection was 'different' on the 2021s, but a couple of folks "in the know" that I talked to disagreed....said the seat molds definitely stayed the same for 2021 (which I tend to agree with). My local dealer still hasn't gotten one in, and said they probably won't until Sept/Oct.

img_3908_copy.jpg seatbolts hole.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
@wifiandweed...any chance you can post up a photo of your 'seatbolts' area (with the seat off if possible)? Similar to the below/attached photos....I had someone reach out to me and say that the seatbolts connection was 'different' on the 2021s, but a couple of folks "in the know" that I talked to disagreed....said the seat molds definitely stayed the same for 2021 (which I tend to agree with). My local dealer still hasn't gotten one in, and said they probably won't until Sept/Oct.

View attachment 207528 View attachment 207529
i'm almost certain they haven't changed, but when i get home tonight i'll post a photo to verify! i think the only thing different about this year's model is the colorway.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So jealous of Where you live. That’s a purdy bike too!
When is your bike coming in? Your brother is getting one at the same time?

My impressions on dirt today for the first time on the Trail Ways, was that it was a 60% street bike, riding on trails. Yet, I was hesitant to do over 40 mph on the road getting to the trails, keeping in mind the break in period. I was over the speed limit, but cars were still going around me...

The last Yamaha Trail bike I had owned was when I was 15.

The 1969 CT1.

·
Registered
96 Posts
When is your bike coming in? Your brother is getting one at the same time?

My impressions on dirt today for the first time on the Trail Ways, was that it was a 60% street bike, riding on trails. Yet, I was hesitant to do over 40 mph on the road getting to the trails, keeping in mind the break in period. I was over the speed limit, but cars were still going around me...

The last Yamaha Trail bike I had owned was when I was 15.

The 1969 CT1.

View attachment 207539
I had the 1970 Christmas tree green version of that when I was 15.Had lots of good times on that bike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the 1970 Christmas tree green version of that when I was 15.Had lots of good times on that bike.
Very cool! I’ll have to look that 1970 up. I got mine used and had been bored to a 200? (Not sure if that claim was correct now that I think about it, that’s pretty big) but the new oil mixer technology whatever it was called at the time that claimed no more mixing oil with gas for 2 stroke, had been bypassed. And I was mixing 50:1. The previous owner had put some custom pipe on it. I swear it was as loud as a chainsaw!. I think first gear was zero to 5. It could climb a tree. Leaving the house to go riding, every dog in the neighborhood would chase me and try and bit my leg. I think the noise must have killed their hearing! Lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, I had a Bassani expansion chamber on mine and it was pretty loud. Ring ding ding dingggggg.......... I believe the injection was called Autolube by Yamaha. Life seemed so simple back then didn't it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah, I had a Bassani expansion chamber on mine and it was pretty loud. Ring ding ding dingggggg.......... I believe the injection was called Autolube by Yamaha. Life seemed so simple back then didn't it.
For sure. Looking at that picture of the bike, I do love that chrome fender look. I wonder if that has been done with Any TW’s?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts