TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always loved the old 250 screamers of the early 90s. Real performance in a pint-sized package! They were way ahead of their time...making more peak power than, for example, Yamaha's relatively impressive, contemporary 320CC parallell twin does some 30 years later! And you just can't get much more exciting than a 20,000 RPM redline!

Sadly, people in the U.S. won't want it, so they won't sell it here, which irks me quite a bit. Anyway, not much information yet, but here it is:

https://www.cycleworld.com/2020-kawasaki-ninja-zx-25r-first-look/

I do not think 50 peak horsepower is an unreasonable expectation.

Here is a video showing what the old gems were like -- if you didn't already know, or if you just haven't seen it in a while, like me :)

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Music to my ears. I'd love to have one. Park it right next to the Tdub in the shed. Only problem would be deciding to go trail riding or road riding.
Indeed. This little bike could beat up on liter bikes in the canyons (obviously still zero contest on the straight bits...). That would be a good time!

·
Registered
19,814 Posts
One of those would have been perfect for the Gilman Road of last weekend's Group ride featuring smooth pavement with a good 20+ corners per mile. Anything with a CPM ( Corners Per Mile) of 20 or more really gets my blood circulating and a 20,000 rpm redline would have made for a screaming musical experience. Too bad we won't get the ZX25 here in the states.:(

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My first bike was a CBR250RR (MC22) like in the video. It was such a great bike!
I'd love to see something new that's similar in Australia!
Hmm. Will you guys get it over there? That's an interesting question. I don't know, but I'd kind of lean toward no :( .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts