1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Calling BS on some of these...but What the Hell LT? ....

Montezuma and I found a small 1930s place across the state line in the Swiss/Amish Town of Berne, Indiana, tucked 10 miles west of the Ohio Border, you can get a full meal breakefast for about $5 a pop including coffee...which will last you through the day: :help: and no need to eat again until supper:

No Mongo 008.JPG No Mongo 010.JPG No Mongo 011.JPG

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Daily Pie Cafe
Pie Town, New Mexico.

Gotta go there, again!

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Calling BS on some of these...but What the Hell LT? ....

Montezuma and I found a small 1930s place across the state line in the Swiss/Amish Town of Berne, Indiana, tucked 10 miles west of the Ohio Border, you can get a full meal breakefast for about $5 a pop including coffee...which will last you through the day: :help: and no need to eat again until supper:

View attachment 84049 View attachment 84057 View attachment 84065
I agree Pat. I don't know where they get these lists, but I still like to read them... :D

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Daily Pie Cafe
Pie Town, New Mexico.

Gotta go there, again!
Doc I got through Pie Town about a decade ago on one of the RV Delivery runs I made post retirement....the place, although only a bump in the road, has one Hell of a History...especially during the depression years...This place is historic when it comes to two of my favorite subjects...Photography and 20th Century American History:

Savoring Pie Town | History | Smithsonian

and 75+ years ago:

http://oldphotoarchive.com/place/pie-town

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Doc I got through Pie Town about a decade ago on one of the RV Delivery runs I made post retirement....the place, although only a bump in the road, has one Hell of a History...especially during the depression years...This place is historic when it comes to two of my favorite subjects...Photography and 20th Century American History:
Yep-condensed version on the menu, if I recall correctly

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I have gone to a few of the triple D places and most of them have been good.
When in Florence Oregon we try to go to Spice.
Typically, I look for a craft beer place so do not hit many breakfast joints.
Though I did have a beer float as part of my brunch at Spinnakers in Victoria, BC.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I agree Pat. I don't know where they get these lists, but I still like to read them... :D

Just looking for donut shops.... that's all ;) caught red handed!

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Food will be the death of me lol
Kinda difficult to live without it!
I love blueberry pie and Baskin & Robbins World Class Chocolate (but not at the same time).
Neither are on the Ketogenic diet wife and I have been on since Jan 1.
However, going down from 192 to 177 has been worth it.
There's a quart of World Class Chocolate in the freezer (birthday gift from son), which is might tempting.

As for donuts, only if very fresh (still hot).

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The only reason you guys think these places Are the best is because you have never been to the Hawaiian style cafe in Waimea on the big island.
There is no breakfast place that even comes close. Every time I go there I see tourists pull out their cameras to photograph the food served to them
because they can't believe what they are seeing. It tastes great and there is so much of it that you don't need to eat the rest of the day.
They serve from about 7 AM to 1 PM, Then like everyone else they go to the beach.

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The only reason you guys think these places Are the best is because you have never been to the Hawaiian style cafe in Waimea on the big island.
There is no breakfast place that even comes close. Every time I go there I see tourists pull out their cameras to photograph the food served to them
because they can't believe what they are seeing. It tastes great and there is so much of it that you don't need to eat the rest of the day.
They serve from about 7 AM to 1 PM, Then like everyone else they go to the beach.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I call BS to this whole list!!!!!! I may be partial, but I didn't see "MELS DINER" Moab on it. You had to experience it to know, just asked Fred.
Mel

I wasnt even there and even I heard how good it was! Shame on you guys! I'm with Mel on this one ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts