TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just an idea but think of all the options you have to choose from in the whole wide world.

This is "THEE" ticket...to all our lack-O-Power TW Blues.

It's a lawn Mower engine. Mrgizmo are you working overtime? This is the best idea ever!:stung:

I just saw this on the local C-List and had a good chuckle and just had to pass it along!

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Growing up one of my pals dad was the local auto repair station mechanic. They found an old 2 man chain saw made by McCulloch and the engine was pretty big and still running but the saw blade was shot. His dad put that engine, I think it was 7 HP, on a go cart frame. The cart was sick! Easily did 100 MPH and we lived on a side road just off the main highway with a long straight passing zone. Cops caught my pal on the highway and clocked him on radar at 88 MPH. They dragged him home to his dad at 14 years old but no ticket, just a good scolding and warning to stay off the highway. Yeah, that worked! :))). About a week later his brother who was 16 got busted again by the same cop doing 94 MPH down the straight. The cop was waiting at the house when he got home and the choice was dad could go to jail or the cart was confiscated. That was the last we ever saw the cart. Some of these lawn mower and chain saw motors made ridiculous power at stupid RPMs and if you ever watch one of the lumberjack shows when they cut the logs with monster saws the things are crazy. That old 2 man saw engine on a TW would have been deadly.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Growing up one of my pals dad was the local auto repair station mechanic. They found an old 2 man chain saw made by McCulloch and the engine was pretty big and still running but the saw blade was shot. His dad put that engine, I think it was 7 HP, on a go cart frame. The cart was sick! Easily did 100 MPH and we lived on a side road just off the main highway with a long straight passing zone. Cops caught my pal on the highway and clocked him on radar at 88 MPH. They dragged him home to his dad at 14 years old but no ticket, just a good scolding and warning to stay off the highway. Yeah, that worked! :))). About a week later his brother who was 16 got busted again by the same cop doing 94 MPH down the straight. The cop was waiting at the house when he got home and the choice was dad could go to jail or the cart was confiscated. That was the last we ever saw the cart. Some of these lawn mower and chain saw motors made ridiculous power at stupid RPMs and if you ever watch one of the lumberjack shows when they cut the logs with monster saws the things are crazy. That old 2 man saw engine on a TW would have been deadly.

GaryL
Thats awesome. Reminds me of my go cart that i had when i was a kid. My dad built it with an old lombard chainsaw engine he had from his old saw. I think that motor was ~75cc and it was strong. I have no idea how fast it was but i know it would absolutely blow away my friend's cart that had a 10hp briggs on it. We raced around the block so many times and he never won.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Thats awesome. Reminds me of my go cart that i had when i was a kid. My dad built it with an old lombard chainsaw engine he had from his old saw. I think that motor was ~75cc and it was strong. I have no idea how fast it was but i know it would absolutely blow away my friend's cart that had a 10hp briggs on it. We raced around the block so many times and he never won.
I grew up on a lake and we did all sorts of stupid stuff with boats and motors. Had an old aluminum row boat rated for a 10 HP motor and me and brother dropped a 35 on it. Blasted around the lake for most of a day and it probably went around 50 MPH and one of us had to sit up front to keep it from flipping. Just before my dad got home from work we did a hole shot and tore the transom right off the boat and had to go diving for the motor. Lake was only 20 feet deep in the deepest spots but man was dad pissed. We fixed the motor and dad bought us a home made hydroplane, mushroom shaped boat we put that motor on. We could only run it when the lake was mirror smooth but wow was that thing fast. We were always in some kind of trouble.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
We were always in some kind of trouble.

GaryL
That's called being a kid! :D

From the un-stoppable go-cart with the 10 horse rototiller engine to the funky dune buggie with an engine out of a crown Vic cop car we could never leave anything alone.

As long as it rolled & you could ride it, there were great times to be had! :cool: m.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
This is just an idea but think of all the options you have to choose from in the whole wide world.

It's a lawn Mower engine. Mrgizmo are you working overtime? This is the best idea ever!:stung:

I just saw this on the local C-List and had a good chuckle and just had to pass it along!

that reminds me of a certain honda ct we just saw

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Motor challange

​Not sure I am equipped for that level of creativity Kris. My guess is, a project like that would require the 'mother' of all Multi-Tools. Yup, a Red Viking. You can do it my Friend.......
==

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
"The Red Viking"! Gerry, that's awesome!! :icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

It states right on the package that it should be, among other places, "in every office." I'm not sure they would let Mrs. MHoMadness have this in her office (court clerk) but I'll bet she could use it there. :eek::rolleyes::D

:notworthy:All hail the King of the multi-tool!! :notworthy: m.

·
Registered
13,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"The Red Viking"! Gerry, that's awesome!! :icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

It states right on the package that it should be, among other places, "in every office." I'm not sure they would let Mrs. MHoMadness have this in her office (court clerk) but I'll bet she could use it there. :eek::rolleyes::D

:notworthy:All hail the King of the multi-tool!! :notworthy: m.

Ah, but the Red Viking has moved north and is in the capable hands of a "Hammersmith". :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts