TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna hear some good stuff. All I have to offer is that today I found the last link to trail route that I've been working on for around 6 years. Small, but I feel good about that.

What do you feel good about?

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Finished up my pumper carb install. Outstanding difference in first gear. Pulls great to the top. Why don't all bikes come with pumper carbs?!

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
Good News Croation, you don't need to install a pump. Mikuni TM 28-1 carburetor has an accelerator pump to enrichen fuel mix when throttle is quickly opened just like our old carbureted cars.Linkage actuated, nothing pumps the pump. Just twist your wrist.:D

My good news? My xt 225 tank arrived in excellent condition today and looks like an easy install.Tirebiter showed me how I don't have to paint it. R100rt sold me the tank at a good price. Got some more much needed rain and snow. All good news for me this week.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
This started out as a bad thing but turned good. Just before Christmas 19 yr old grandson got caught breaking into a car and stealing a pistol. Of course his enabling mom called grandpa to bail him out of jail. I didn't, and urged others not to. It was a good time to learn about consequences. I think the small town prosecutor saw what was going on and postponed the arraignment a couple of times so that grandson spent 3 months in jail. We visited and made sure he understood that he was loved but there was a price to pay for what he did. Charges ended up being reduced to probation but he immediately got a job and quit hanging with the old crowd.

Long story short, he called this morning to ask if he could spend some 'one on one' time helping out at the cabin this summer. After months of listening to my wife and her daughter about how mean I was, that call was really good news to me and made me feel proud that he appears to be turning his life around and still respects grandpa.:)

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
Your tough love may ultimately have saved your grandson's future if not his life. Too bad so many do not have the courage you showed. Hope your family ultimately sees what is so obvious to us here. Imagine sticking to your principles must not have been easy, it rarely is.

·
Registered
48 Posts
One of my states most awful, gun grabbing senators was arrested for conspiracy, bribery, and FIREARM TRAFFICKING! This guy was trying to take guns from law abiding citizens, while providing them to criminals!! He is the third lib democrat in the last 6 months to be arrested for criminal activity. I say keep 'em coming!! It was a great week! yeeposter.jpg

·
Registered
385 Posts
Spring is arriving slowly, a little more each day. I got Junior out and went for a short ride. The first one since November. My farkle collection is growning, and I'll be wrenching over then next few weeks.

The other good news is I have a lot of friends here. I love to read the stories, learn, share. Can't wait to do more of it.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
This started out as a bad thing but turned good. Just before Christmas 19 yr old grandson got caught breaking into a car and stealing a pistol. Of course his enabling mom called grandpa to bail him out of jail. I didn't, and urged others not to. It was a good time to learn about consequences. I think the small town prosecutor saw what was going on and postponed the arraignment a couple of times so that grandson spent 3 months in jail. We visited and made sure he understood that he was loved but there was a price to pay for what he did. Charges ended up being reduced to probation but he immediately got a job and quit hanging with the old crowd.

Long story short, he called this morning to ask if he could spend some 'one on one' time helping out at the cabin this summer. After months of listening to my wife and her daughter about how mean I was, that call was really good news to me and made me feel proud that he appears to be turning his life around and still respects grandpa.:)

Hope for the best....and tell daughter to be a parent and stop the coddling....As grandads we can only do so much...as parents we could kick some butt...and despite my boys probably hating me at times, they both are very successful, college educated, and still call the old man and mom a couple times a week, with one living in Chicago and the youngest near Dayton, and the youngest and his wife have already given me one grandson with another on the way....so I can't complain about my brood{yet anyway} ;)

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
One of my states most awful, gun grabbing senators was arrested for conspiracy, bribery, and FIREARM TRAFFICKING! This guy was trying to take guns from law abiding citizens, while providing them to criminals!! He is the third lib democrat in the last 6 months to be arrested for criminal activity. I say keep 'em coming!! It was a great week! View attachment 4780

Love watching Karma bite hypocritical sons a beetchs like this slug in the arse is pure sweet music.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
On the personal positive side....being the front man for our Vietnam Reunion Group of former Air Force Sky Cops{Security Police} who served in Vietnam and Thailand, I have filled the rooms at Wright~Patterson Air Base and the Air Force Museum in Dayton for April 11-13th....despite, sadly, losing 4 of our members in the past year, I still expect a record crowd(about 60} for this small get together that 5 of us started back in 2007 on a Frozen day in February...after freezing even more in 2009 on a day that was below zero, we now meet in the spring, where we hope it will at least reach 50....the Beer and BS wil flow along with some good food and memories of days gone by:

VSPAMiniReunion300.jpg Vietnam Sky Cops Badge Dayton 2013.png

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Good News Croation, you don't need to install a pump. Mikuni TM 28-1 carburetor has an accelerator pump to enrichen fuel mix when throttle is quickly opened just like our old carbureted cars.Linkage actuated, nothing pumps the pump. Just twist your wrist.:D
Is this carb a direct bolt on / linkage hookup? Or do modifications need to be done?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hoot,
I was at Camp Bullis in 78. They told stories about you guys back then. Thank you.

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
Is this carb a direct bolt on / linkage hookup? Or do modifications need to be done?
We should tease PalmStateCrawler until he shares his saga of acquiring , installing and jetting this gift from the gods, the Mikuni tm 28-1 pumper carb. Inquiring minds want to know! Maybe we could get a group buy shipped from Germany as I could not locate carb readily in US.
Please PSC tell us more of your good news.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts