TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2009 TW today. Had been talking with the guy, got a little bit of money off the asking price, went to see it today, jumped on it rode it bought it. Yes I know it isn't a powerhorse but it is so simple and fun so far. The only upgrades so far is a small rack on the back. It hit my "allowance" pretty hard so it will be a while before I can do anything to it that I want to. A bit shocked on how long it takes to warm up but I would rather have that than it over heating in a minute. Can't wait to ride it more and more. Thank you to everyone on this forum, your posts greatly enhanced my decision on getting this bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all. If anyone wants to learn how to ride a motorcycle on the road, I could not offer a better suggestion. I used to have a Harley Sportster 1200 and loved it and miss it but wish I had bought this one first. It will spoil you it is so easy and fun. Really happy and jonesing to get back on it.

·
Registered
20,376 Posts
Welcome, should be a good bike, easy on allowance even if you make a few mods in future. Some good safety gear and maybe a better front tire might also save you money on bandaids. Have fun, ride safe.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats Bulldog44, Head for the country! You can tweak your bike without going high-dollar. Amazing where you can go with it. Have fun!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Welcome and congrats , a non-costly rejet and pilot screw adjustment will enhance warm-up ,performance and it will run cooler on hot day's .How many miles are on it , if it is broke in, synthetic ,motorcycle specific oil will help ALOT too .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all. Frog it has 583 miles. Any links on rejet/pilot screw adjustment? Do you have any specific brands of oil you suggest? Any help y'all can give me is appreciated. Also any TW owners in the raleigh durham nc area let me know.

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Wait until you have at least 2000 miles on your bike before switching to synthetic oil.

Thank you all. Frog it has 583 miles. Any links on rejet/pilot screw adjustment? Do you have any specific brands of oil you suggest? Any help y'all can give me is appreciated. Also any TW owners in the raleigh durham nc area let me know.

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Yamalube 10-30 or 20-40 depending on your riding conditions and temperature.

Look in your owners manual.

I went with Yamaha oil since it was designed for it originally. You can use others also, just make sure it is motorcycle oil for wet clutches.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts