TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
281 - 300 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
We just got word last night that my husband's job transfer was approved so we'll be in the process of moving from one end of PA to the other. We'll still be glad to offer dinner if you're headed this way.
Currently all the shop tools are still in Gettysburg if you need repairs on the cheap :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Having their signature cheeseburger (Shady Glen is a Manchester, CT institution, locally famous for its homemade ice cream, signature "Bernice Original" cheeseburger, vintage 1950s style diner and service. In 2012, it was recognized by the James Beard Foundation as an American Classic. This restaurant has appeared on the Food Network and the Travel Channel)

·
Super Moderator
19,701 Posts
I could hardly get her to eat anything when she was here....I took her to one of my favorite :abnormal: Mexican places in town and she nibbled away at a little bit of a tiny rolled taco and that was it.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
Visited Mark Twain's residence in Hartford, CT
Stop in Elmira NY tomorrow and visit him at Woodlawn cemetery. He is buried there beside his wife.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
Due to rule changes at the Watkins Glen Speedway (no motorcycles allowed on the track), I did not feel comfortable leaving my bike in the overnight parking lot which are not patrolled by security so I did not get the opportunity to meet with Tom...so I continued heading West on Route and met a couple of neat ladies...one at the visitor center and the other one at the French Azilum.

"Honey, does this dress make my butt look big?"

·
Super Moderator
19,701 Posts
That's too bad Gina, he will be so disappointed to hear that. :( He was so excited about your visit...

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
That's too bad Gina, he will be so disappointed to hear that. :( He was so excited about your visit...
Yes I was LT! It was me who discovered the rule change when I went home to drop off my van and pick up my bike. Rode 54 miles from the house back to Watkins Glen only to be informed I could not bring my motorcycle in. I showed them my parking/vehicle pass that you get with camping tickets "which are not cheap" and they told me I could enter the track property on foot and leave my bike in overnight off track parking. I felt obligated to text Gina and make her aware of this and she understandably was not comfortable leaving her bike so far away in a un-patrolled lot. Very sad day for all of us here. She was a celebrity with my family before they even met her. I really hope our paths cross again someday soon.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
19,701 Posts
bummer bro...:( totally. But understandable.

Roll on little Sis....:cool:

·
Super Moderator
19,701 Posts
What a great adventure!!! :)

·
Super Moderator
19,701 Posts
Me too.

Reactions: mhomadness

·
Registered
198 Posts
So would I! I'm a longtime fan of both products, even though I quit smoking around 25 years ago, I still have my old Zippo. My old Case stockman, according to the dots, is from the 1976 model year......still goin' strong.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Me three!! I love Case knives, they're the only USA made pocket knife we sell in the hardware store I work at.

I used to know a neat trick where I could flip open the top on my Zippo lighter & strike the flint wheel in one move! I can't remember how now, but I'm sure there is a youtube video for it...

One of many traveling with you in spirit, GO GINA GO!!! :icon_thumright: m.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Case kitchen knives, the whole set.. We have accumulated from the late 60's. Great knives.
Did not know there was a museum there.
Thanks for sharing that picture....

Be save my friend!

Jim

281 - 300 of 457 Posts