TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
441 - 457 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Here you go brother Rocky. You can look her up and see where she is everyday if you want to. Nevada right now.
SPOT Shared Page

Only her and the good Lord knows where she is headed next. Everyday is a mystery!! ;)
The Lady sure gets around, makes my 1600 miles around the Great Lakes with Montezuma and Borneo look like Child's Play...:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
21,835 Posts
It'd hurt like a SOB, but I'd make it over "one" whoop for sure!! :p

(hey brother dan, how ya doin?) :D

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Another friend of mine suggested Gold Point too. I'll have to add it to my list of things to do along with Lunar Crater. .......
Oh well, another addition to the bucket list! IMHO, Gold Point is WAY more interesting than Lunar Crater! Plus you can sleep in a genuine miner's cabin. ;)

165 miles? You mean in this ENTIRE trip you have not had at least 2 gallons of emergency fuel? :eek::D

I think you definitely should get an Iron Butt award for this trip! I'll bet you are READY to get home! ;)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #446 ·
165 miles? You mean in this ENTIRE trip you have not had at least 2 gallons of emergency fuel? :eek::D
Yes, I only had a 1 gallon Rotopax gas reserve plus my 2.8 gallon Clark Tank with me the entire time and actually this is the 3rd time I have used it. Once, in Grand Canyon, Second to give a fellow TW some gas since he had a stock tank on his bike and Third was from Ely to Tonapah.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Of Interest to Gina and everybody else I suspect....I found this Blog about the trails on US 6...this person has been writing on this since 2011 and updates often....

Stay on Route 6

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #448 ·
Hope all is ok on the home front...

Yes everything is fine..I'm back home now for a couple of reasons:

1. Purple is leaking oil so I need to do some major maintenance.
2. I'm doing 2 presentations at the Horizon Unlimited event in Yosemite, CA on Sept. 24th thru Sept. 27th so I need time to put together my slide show and presentation. HU Travellers Meeting California 2015 | Horizons Unlimited
3. I need to take care of other things as well.

Until then, I will be taking a break for a little bit.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
The Lady sure gets around, makes my 1600 miles around the Great Lakes with Montezuma and Borneo look like Child's Play...:rolleyes:
I caught a fish like that one time Hoot. When I caught it I'd say it was around four pounds. By the following year he had hit a growth spurt and and generally the story was he was around 5.5 pounds. Recently I discovered he had reached a very respectable seven pounds. :D

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I caught a fish like that one time Hoot. When I caught it I'd say it was around four pounds. By the following year he had hit a growth spurt and and generally the story was he was around 5.5 pounds. Recently I discovered he had reached a very respectable seven pounds. :D
OK, OK.... Hoot...1532 from Celina back to Celina....

Nick 1551 miles from Montezuma and back...

Borneo...about 1300...:p

·
Super Moderator
21,835 Posts
Hope you don't mind if I just say it again...

I'm so proud of you Sis, you are really doing great!! :D

So, once you are back on the road, which of your route's will you be taking next?

·
Super Moderator
21,835 Posts
Well, if you go through Spokane again, let me know. I know of a nice little place downtown I can put you up at...:D

Reactions: r80rt

·
Super Moderator
21,835 Posts

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
a well deserved, feet up, cold beer enjoying, toasting russ moment. thank you for the updates along the way. i know you have found some adventure, i hope some measure of peace too.
ride on!
:) :love_heart:

·
Registered
129 Posts
So, the November Rider magazine comes in the mail today. Dan flips through it and remarks that there is a Tdub photo about a third of the way through. I find it in an article about the overland expo last May. I look, I don't comprehend what I'm seeing for a bit, then it comes clear its a photo of Jimbo's bike and trailer. Then I see that Ronnydogs bike and trailer is right behind it with a gal standing with her back mostly turned..............

Hey...wait a minute...glasses on top of head, petite build, dark hair in a ponytail...

It gave me a great feeling to see.

Hope you are all well,
Weebles

441 - 457 of 457 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.