TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
l would suggest that anyone commenting at least have read the entire thread before posting a comment, observation or analysis. I have more than once ignored this, lets say numerous times done just that and it hurts all the way around, because something comes out of the blue at a responding poster after the initial post where a bit of reflection would cancel that and is not meant in the way it would be taken. Your words are all you have on the web site. Make them useful and positive, and when some people don't know how they turn, well, sometimes I am not as polite as RTFS, but after commenting on other subjects, the wording is also important, as I have obviously ignored. I stand asking to be forgiven for my sharpness and indiscretions. This site is wonderful with great and talented folks like Gerry etc. It also allows idiots like me to participate. Have a happy riding day tomorrow! And the next and the next and the next!!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
He has a good point in general. Too often, both here and on other forums, I'll start a thread. The first half dozen or so responses are good, but the longer it gets, the more likely people will chime in without having read the thread, and you can tell, because if they had at least read your own first post, they wouldn't have said what they said.

Then there are those who will come along and rip you a new one for making a statement or asking a question (not referring to this site, but to other sites)... saying things they would NEVER dare say to your face, even without any expletives. I had this happen to me a few days ago on Google Plus. I had had enough of it and deleted my entire Google Plus account. I almost never posted there anyway, so good riddance.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Forums are not a good place for those who are sensitive or of fragile character. Ya need to roll with the terrain and not take much personally.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Guilty...............been there done that :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I would just like to say that the Pirelli MT 21 Rallycross is way better in the sand than the Shinko SR244.

Just sayin....
You were well named!!!

Reactions: Bagger

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Well I would just like to say that the Pirelli MT 21 Rallycross is way better in the sand than the Shinko SR244.

Just sayin....
Man.... you know that is sacrilege... now what was the OP sayin?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man.... you know that is sacrilege... now what was the OP sayin?
What sacrilege Troll, he is admitting his deviancy right in front of us. The OP will of course ignore such ignomious intrusions on his format.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
...... I have more than once ignored this, lets say numerous times done just that and it hurts all the way around.......
WHAT? You don't read every single post in a thread before posting? You obviously are not wasting enough time on the internet! ;) Lessee, 5 to 7 hours a week, five years, is 1,300 to 1,800 hours! Lord, forgive me for I know not what I do.

And I only have some 1,480 posts.....think of how much time somebody like Fred or Admiral has wasted! :eek: Or not. ;)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
oh ya.... sorry man... I wade in occasionally without thinking...

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Worst offender, right here. :rolleyes:

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Boy, I feel kind of nervous given my name was mentioned. Odd though that the subject of reading, wording and perhaps context should come up. Last night I was E-mailing back and with someone. As an exchange was taking place, I ended my last statement suggesting that I appreciated what was taking place. As well, felt inclined to restate, though different wording, what I had just said. I think my last statement was 'thank you very much'. This morning I got a message that was worded 'no, thank you'.
I use large print, not because I think what I have to say is so important, I generally use it because I don't have my glasses on. The message sent to me this morning was regular print. I did not notice the comma... I thought the writer was declining my 'offer'. I was perplexed. After appearing somewhat confused (guess I was). I realized the writer was thanking me for thanking them. Geeezz, forums can be confusing.. Gerry

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^ Isn't it ironic? Don't ya think? A little too ironic.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:rolleyes:

To the tune of Alanis Morissette.

Tom

·
Registered
299 Posts
My philosophy is never let a forum thread rent space in your head! Both your posts or others. Just makes life better to concerntrate on the positive. ;)

Reactions: centralwarider

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Going off half cocked is a common issue at forums! The inability to inject emotions in our typed words is where a lot of this occurs. I often say if you can't reach out and punch a nose then there is nothing to be gained by allowing anything on a forum to upset you.

We have had some rather distasteful characters come and go but over all this is a friendly place and the vast majority work hard at getting along. Thumbs up, don't worry! Be happy!

GaryL

·
Registered
807 Posts
What kind of oil should I use?

Reactions: GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
What kind of oil should I use?
For some I would say a good shot of Mineral oil might do the trick!

Mostly though, I prefer the Mobil 1 4T racing full synthetic in my TWs.

GaryL

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Glad I never start any posts that might be deemed "controversial", nor do I slam others opinions, or make fun of world and national leaders....I like to keep the ship sailing on the calm waters of reality.....never causing a wave to make the adventure harder....

Untitled 2.png

·
Super Moderator
5,317 Posts
For some I would say a good shot of Mineral oil might do the trick!

Mostly though, I prefer the Mobil 1 4T racing full synthetic in my TWs.

GaryL
040.gif

1 - 20 of 21 Posts