TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The desert trails on the Owyhee Mtn front, starting at Hemingway Butte, on Friday 21 Dec 2012.

Me and Georgie during a rest. I've ridden past this point before, but never knew it was here. Good thing I was riding slow!

I'm pretty well bundled up for the wind and cold.

Here's a shortened version of the video I took.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Man that looks like a great place to ride!, I'm jealous.

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where did you get those hand warmer doo-hickies attached to your grips?

I got them from one of the local farm stores in this part of Idaho, (D & B Supply) in their ATV section. They work great on a cold windy day like this one was!

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
It looks like you could stay lost for hours if you wanted to. That is great!

The camera I use seems to be more "fish eye" than yours. I like yours better but then mine was <$100. I bet yours was more!

A friend whose family comes from Idaho moved to Boise for awhile but couldn't find work and came back. However he just rants and raves how great it is with wide open spaces. Judging from your video he is right.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Looks to be a great place to be should the world come to an end...... You certainly were prepared for marginal traction conditions. Suspect that rear wheel could deal with almost any surface condition.

Had to smile the whole time I watched your video. A man and his dog. They certainly are great adventure partners. The music produced the smile. Take care Kris, Georgie is a lucky gal... Gerry

·
Registered
239 Posts
There you go again. Off to the back country on your own. The man down adventure soon forgotten. Looks like a fun day.

I really enjoyed the Blues Music on the video.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise

·
Registered
583 Posts
Great video.

Great music.

Great ride.

Every time I see you and Georgie together on the bike I think of how I could safely take my buddy Nellie for a ride on the T-Dub.

Our terrain is a lot rougher than yours so I need to devise a way to keep her from falling off and getting hurt.

I wonder how a T-Dub would handle an atv passenger seat??

I know she would love to go because she absolutely loves to ride on my 4-wheeler.All I have to do is go near it and she jumps up on the back seat ready to go.

You and your family are lucky to have Georgie in your lives.

Definitely one of a kind.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
That's one of the things I like about you, Admiral. You don't pass up a chance to go on a a ride, even when it's kind of cold outside, or ..... the world is going to come to an end.
Looks like you and Georgie had a good ride. Thanks for sharing it with us.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
At 5AM I got tired of waiting for the end. Got up,had breakfast,brushed teeth and went to work. No riding,no fun and the dang bills are still due! The end of the world stunk!!

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
If you had gone over one of those cliffs your world would have ended in a hurry.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Your killing me! Want to get out and ride but it will not stop raining when I have a chance to ride. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Thanks for sharing the vid....... Always look forward to watching the new ones,, I think your dog is greeeeeeeeeat.. I had a 10lb. mutt ride with me for about 10 years........ But we lost her at age 15.. I still morn her.... OMM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts