TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Everything old will be new again. example: xt250 was killed off for the 350. 350 was then killed off for the 250. I look forward to the reincarnation of the 350.

Adventure bikes, so called, are absurdly big and heavy now. They're ridiculous, and unnaturally raise the entry point for riders due to the large size and high cost. If anything, manufacturers have shot themselves in the foot by not allowing a more approachable bike.

·
Registered
19,391 Posts
Video seems very much misnamed in that it does not predict “the death of all dual sports” at all, but rather points out ongoing success of existing dual sport bike sales.
Video does address reasons for manufactures not improving existing dual sport models with infused modern technology.
A more accurate title reflecting the video’s content might well be “Why you should still be able to buy a new KLR650 twenty years from now”.

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Or 'The death of innovation in Dual Sports!'

That video is a bit hyperbolic don't you think? They will be around for as long as there are people to buy them. BMW's biggest market is dual sports. The big KTMs were up for Bike of the year a few years ago. Honda just realeased the new Africa Twin and X-ADV. Yamaha is putting out the T7 next year. So maybe no dual sport won Bike of the year in the last five minutes, and many of the popular ones may be a bit long in the tooth- but dying? Come on man.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Isn't this the same guy predicting the end of HD because of it's demographic? I like listening to him and he does bring up some good points. But he should definitely ride more.
KLR changed quite a bit from when I had a 2005 albeit a lot of it was styling. But all the bikes he mentions are bread & butter models (like the TW) for the manufactures. They are selling-out no matter how LITTLE the companies are doing to update them.
It's only when you start from scratch like the little VanVan where for instance efi can be introduced at the factory-line level. Otherwise you're talking about major re-tooling.
Frankly I don't see any "doom" at all. Just companies that are content to keep collecting $$$ for tried & true products or on the negative end, lazy about upgrading something that's great already.
One of those "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" things I suppose?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Model T 1908 to 1927
VW Bug 1938-2003... and agin nowadays as the "new" beetle,

Neither Ford or VW are going away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts