TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://xtremesportsphotography.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=0QAK01AY080000&po=0&pc=28

Stumbled on this online, and dang... gets pretty scary as you flip through.

A. These photographers spots in various scenic road locations (also Mulholland for example) seems to almost create a likely increase in crashes due to distraction and showing off.

B. If you love riding your bike, then ride it and leave worrying about what you look like to someone else who cares about that stuff.

Hope the guy is alright, but he was focused on a picture and not his line or speed, apparently...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Yeah, the whole Killboy thing and the like can yield those results sometimes. Distracting riders is probably bad, but letting it distract you is definitely bad. Not to mention he brakes in an effort to fix it and that's no good for course correction. Looks like he landed on the piece of him that was designed for it though.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
There are several of those "Pay-to-see-yerself-get-stoopit!" photography outfits positioned at all the good curves on Mulholland, Ortega HWY. and most the hot riding spots here in SoCal. This makes for interesting space management exercises as the cruiser set slows down to pose just about the time some squid is outriding his skills through the same corner.

Gotta be a win/win for the photography outfits. For every poser who doesn't pay there must to be at least two insurance adjusters who will.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Looks like he essentially let go of the handlebars to wave, failing to put the necessary pressure on them to properly execute the turn. Seems to be the MAIN mistake (other than bothering with that camera)...

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
By the way number 19 says it all, lol.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I have to point out ... it looked to me as if he was leaning enough to make the turn. He panicked and straightened up while braking. If he'd rolled on a little throttle he probably would have spooked the Vet driver, but not hit him.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I saw that one this morning. Te guy was actually a motorcycle mag journalist. Sure went sideways quick after he clipped that bag. lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts