TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
post up pictures of your dogs...not sure if one of these exists (if so please redirect me)

here's my boy Brewski (like Tedi Bruschi but spelled different) born June 2, 2012 blue nose pitbull

2.5 weeks old

about 8 weeks...in my TW crate although i didn't dare take him for a ride

and some newer ones...around 4-5 months old

he had perky ears till he was 5 months old and his eyes changed from blue to a hazel color

floppy ears about 50 pounds now

·
Registered
2,126 Posts

Izzy (the smaller one) is quite agile and probably could ride on back of my tw but just don't want her getting hurt so slow moving quad works better.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
can see some pit like Brewski in Izzy. Were not quite sure what she is a mix of. Boxer? Aussie cattle dog? She is very well behaved and both come to work with me. She pounced and scared a pug (and owner) walking by the other day. She's very playfull and plays with my bro's small dogs.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea they def look very similar in look/build...my dog is the same way...wants to play with all people/dogs and he behaves pretty well for a 6 month old

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Point37 and importmech - Great Pictures of your dogs!

These first four pictures are of my best buddy Murphy. He went everywhere and did everything with us. We lost ol' Murph 3 years ago to bone cancer. Happy Trails Murph.

Meet our new friend, Henry - a big furry goofball:

Playing in the Snow:

Being Lazy:

Swimming in the Columbia River:

Getting ready for Christmas:

·
Registered
26 Posts
My wife (fiance at the time) and I were keeping an eye out for puppies at the local SPCA in anticipation of taking possession of our new (to us) house on acreage outside of town. We wound up pleading with our landlord to let us take this little cutie home for 3 weeks of living in our basement suite prior to the move. We just couldn't risk having someone else coming to the shelter and scooping her away on us...

Meet Sierra:

Her entire litter was surrendered to the SPCA from a reserve wayyyy up in northern British Columbia (even farther north than PG!). It was just her and brother left in the kennel. Her brother was darker, But Sierra's cinnamon color and hazel green eyes had us both hooked from the word 'go'.

Laying in the cool grass of the back yard... probably stalking a bug (she still eats bugs to this day):

All was not quite well, however. Within a week of taking Sierra home, she wasn't quite 100%. Not eating regularly, lethargic, wheezing... so back to the vet we went.

Kennel cough. Greeeeat. Apparently the shelter had initially housed Sierra and her litter mates in the outside kennels (wire cages, no actual 'separation' from the adult strays) before she and her sibling had received all their boosters. Unfortunately, her kennel cough rapidly deteriorated into pneumonia, and just to be safe (fearing parvo or distemper) the clinic kept her in isolation for a week while on an IV to keep her fluids and nutrition intake up.

8 days (and roughly $1200) later, we got our puppy back... well on the mend again. You can see the shaved patches on her legs where they had her IVs:

She started growing like mad and putting on weight like crazy over the next few months, not to mention putting away food at an alarming rate:

We returned home from xmas holidays at the inlaws' that winter to find several emotional pleas for help on our answering machine. Some friends had adopted a puppy over the xmas break as a gift for their children (6 & 4 yrs old) only to find within a week that their 4 yr old was seriously allergic to dogs. 'Bruno' needed a new home.

Could anyone truly say no to this face???

As far as breed make-up goes, our best guess is that Bruno is a husky or malamute cross... perhaps with an Aussie or Bernese? Anyway... he's rapidly become the 'typical blonde' of the family. He's not terribly bright, but he'll get by on his looks

He and Sierra became instant buddies (and partners in crime, as well). He followed her everywhere.

As is usually the case with siblings, familiarity and a lack of personal space often breeds contempt. Sierra was quick to let him know when 'enough was enough':

Sierra @ 2.5 yrs and Bruno @ 2 yrs while out camping at a nearby lake:

And back home after a weekend in the outdoors...

They're 8 and 7.5 yrs old now... still active, happy and healthy:

·
Registered
13,410 Posts
All cute animals. Great story GISdood!

Everyone has probably seen enough of my dog Georgie, so I'll spare you the photo's. She was found as a stray by my oldest daughter when she was "corn topping" one summer. Georgie is extremely loyal and follows me everwhere. Sleeps next to my side of the bed at night (wife's side when I'm gone), and pouts like the dickens if I leave her at home.

Hope I get to old to ride before she does. She'd be darn hard to replace riding on the back of the TW!

·
Registered
315 Posts

I am new here and I wanted to join in on the fun! so here is my boy! he is a 4yr (had him for 3yrs) old lapphund and hes my buddy! He looks like a pomeranian but is actually way bigger and his temperment whoops a pom anyday. Doesnt bark alot, loves meeting new people and loves to go to the motocross track with me and my local races I compete at. I rescued him from the organization that works with petco called LEEF. Hes such a great dog and i couldnt ask for anything more from him. anyways sorry about my babble I just love him so much!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Alex Monteer' date='14 December 2012 - 08:24 PM' timestamp='1355538243 said:

Hope he's just tired in this photo. He looks a little sea sick.

·
Registered
315 Posts
haha good eye, the last pic is on my parents sail boat, yeah he was just tired. Great dog pics everyone!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I always get a kick out of seeing Georgie and the Admiral off on an adventure. Dogs can be such great Adventure Partners. I have been blessed with a couple of great critters. Here is a shot of Gadget adding ballast to the front of my kayak. We explored many Northern Calif. lakes and streams together over 15 years. Gadget has since moved on, but I recent came across this picture. What kept him from being the 'perfect' pooch was his tendency to go off and explore on his own whenever he got the chance. This could be at home should I have forgotten to shut the front gate. As well, the shore of some distant lake should I row to close without having him tethered to the hull. The memory now is all good. Gerry

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
It's too hard to pick! I turn into another person when I am with any dog. They bring so much happiness it is hard not to love every one if them.

1 - 20 of 458 Posts