TW200 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
image.jpg
image.jpg
All mine have been rescues and I used to foster and rehab rescues as well. This is Baron, when I got him he would freak out if you tried to get him near the furniture since he had been abused. Now he's over that and I have to fight him for enough room to get into my own bed and the love seat is his. :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
This thread needs to be a sticky. Great dogs everyone. Here's my two:
Cash, the dog in black:
5A4D7E91-34E8-4193-B229-AD774566655C_zpstyfxyqpk.jpg
FF12EB40-BE0F-4E5E-885C-CE7722125F37_zpsmhnecrfp.jpg

I basically saved the poor guy. He was flea bitten, starving, and in a portable baby crib full of his and his siblings poop (all of which had been sold, he was the last one, the runt)when I answered an add for black labs $10. He's got some heeler and who knows what else in him. So I decided to name him Cash since he too kind of came back from the dead. He's my bud. Wish I could take him more places than I do, too big to ride on the back of the dub.

And his much bigger and younger sister. Liberty. She's a lazy little piece of Velcro. Cash seemed lonely so we got him and my wife a companion. She's the first Weimaraner I've seen. Pretty but not much for a guard dog. That's mostly Cash's role.

A484DDBB-17CA-488C-9D67-C536998CC5A6_zpswnonrtdg.jpg
66290535-2276-44D3-9F27-B34CA861762C_zpsds6xnbgo.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Great Dogs, great stories . Wife sent me down 395 in blizzard last january to pick this golden girl Daisy up from shelter in San Bernadino on her last day in shelter. She joins Sam, my old guy, whenever possible on TW jaunts.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Fantastic! We all think our dogs and bikes are the coolest, cutest, best in the world and every one of us are right! " Love the one you're with"!

Just so you all know, My dog and my bike are better than yours and I am sticking with that assessment.;)

GaryL

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
You folks have the best, cutest most loyal furry companions imaginable. Thanks for pics, want more.

Bow riding Gadget brought back memories of my brother"s German Shedder (Shepard mix?) who on inflatable kayak trip down Salmon River,Idaho would perch on very bow almost swamping boat, but would then hunker down on very bottom of hull for rapids. Smart guy! learned that on his own after swimming a few early rapids only to be pulled back aboard a dripping mess.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Bentley.JPG this is bentley,my 2.5 year old golden he loves the snow and this pile in his pen . he lays up on top and watches the deer .he wont bark at them and they know he isn't any threat so they keep on feeding.hes still a bit foolish and loves to steal anything in the house when he wants attention and prances up to us to play keep away with it .he is our third golden .my first jessie died 3 years ago of a stroke at 13 yrs .my male archer died a year later at12 years of age.the sad part of having these great family members is they dont live long enough.its like loosing a child almost.i couldn't imagine life without them .

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
This is Banshee. He died in my arms on April 4 last year suddenly from Lung Cancer.

Here's his girlfriend Lexie. She's still here!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
The hardest part about having a pet is knowing they have a much shorter life span than we do. It almost goes without saying the day you bring a puppy in to your home and heart that some day, 10-15 years down the road you will be burying it. I always feel pretty bummed when it happens and I have buried my fair share over 62 years. I always get over it because I know the dog had a great life here with us and never lacked any of the necessities and always had lots of love. That said, I have had a couple dogs I would have liked to bounce a 2 X 4 off their empty heads.

GaryL

41 - 60 of 458 Posts