TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
I own Honda generators but I agree, they are over priced. Compared to the the Honda 2000 this unit is almost 1/3rd the price! Is it "as good as"? Buy one. Let us know. Thanx.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Honda generators are about the best in many ways. They are quiet, produce clean electric with no spikes, sip the fuel, and dependable with more perks than just that. Flip side is they cost a lot more than most others. The Yamahas are supposed to be good to from my understanding.

How often are you planning on using one is the question. And it is your cash too.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Read the reviews carefully folks...then Google it. I think you will find the Honda and Yamaha are still good value.
I agree a Honda or Yamaha Generator will last you the rest of your life. Cut your cost some where else.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
The generator that was recommended to me. Casey at Dune Sports said if it was me I would buy this unit and save your money. https://www.amazon.com/Hyundai-HY2800si-2600-Watt-Portable-Generator/dp/B00FOM3998/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1467751299&sr=8-3&keywords=portable+2800+w+generator
No way. I have just over 700 hours on my Champion generator and if she ever fails I will buy another in a heartbeat. So many people that we have either camped with or met camping have purchased a Champion because they were so impressed with mine. I like Honda generators but they are terribly overpriced for a common working man like myself.

Tom

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 2100 watts will not run the A/C so I already ordered it will let you know .

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was going to get the Champion generator 2100 but was going to have to get two and the parallel kit. and the large duel fuel at Costco is 202 pounds this Hyundai unit is 80 pounds yes same as the car company and will do the job.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
The 2100 watts will not run the A/C so I already ordered it will let you know .
Mine is the 3800 running watt model and it has run the A/C units in my last three campers. I bought mine in 2008 for $299 on sale at TSC and it has been amazing. Everybody should own a decent generator and at that price it is well within reach for the vast majority of working families.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I have 9 generators. The Three Hondas I have are by far the best. We ran for weeks on them after storm sandy. The Hondas burn a little more than half the fuel of the others and are so quiet... The non Hondas give you a major headache. IMHO

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Technical Specifications

•Engine- 4-Cycle, 150cc
•Fuel- Gasoline (91 Octane)
•AC Output- 2,800W peak / 2,600W rated @ 120VAC
•DC Output- 100W (12 amp) @ 12VDC
•Outlets- Two 120V 21.6A AC, One 12V 8.3A DC, One 5V USB
•Fuel Capacity- 4.5 Litres / 1.2 Gallons
•Run Time- 5.6 hours at 1/2 load
•Noise Level- 65 dBa at Max load
•Starting- Electric Start and Manual Recoil
•Enclosure- Polypropylene Shell
•Unit Weight- 35kg / 77lbs
•Dimensions- 22.4 x 18.9 x 25.8 in (H x W x D)

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I have 9 generators. The Three Hondas I have are by far the best. We ran for weeks on them after storm sandy. The Hondas burn a little more than half the fuel of the others and are so quiet... The non Hondas give you a major headache. IMHO
So which model Champion generator do you have?

Tom

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
So which model Champion generator do you have?

Tom
One of the 9 is a victory 6500. It's ok but I like the Honda eu6500 more. I need to clarify that the place I work during the week owns a chain of stores that sell Honda so I don't pay retail, not even close. If cost was a factor champion makes good sense.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
One of the 9 is a victory 6500. It's ok but I like the Honda eu6500 more. I need to clarify that the place I work during the week owns a chain of stores that sell Honda so I don't pay retail, not even close. If cost was a factor champion makes good sense.
To be clear I also love Honda generators. However over $2000 just to run my camper A/C at only 5db quieter than my unit seems fiscally irresponsible. I still have one more to put through college after all:eek:

Tom

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
To be clear I also love Honda generators. However over $2000 just to run my camper A/C at only 5db quieter than my unit seems fiscally irresponsible. I still have one more to put through college after all:eek:
Tom
Side by side 5db is allot, sounds that way anyhow, could be the spec is not accurate? I care most about fuel usage. During sandy we'd stand in line for hours to get fuel, only allowed to by 5 gallons at a time.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Side by side 5db is allot, sounds that way anyhow, could be the spec is not accurate? I care most about fuel usage. During sandy we'd stand in line for hours to get fuel, only allowed to by 5 gallons at a time.
You are correct in your analysis of 5db when compared side by side. It is noticeably louder than the eu2000 BUT it takes two eu2000's to run my A/C. The Yamaha's are just as quiet as the Honda's but they are big budget as well. Lets face it, the Honda and Yamaha are the cream of the crop and I openly admit that. However I have had soooo many people come by while I was icing down the camper and comment how relatively quiet my Champion is:D At between 3 and 4 hundred dollars my Champion compares very favorably noise wise with ANY onboard camper generator. I guess to wrap up my experience with Champion, you get a LOT more than you pay for.

Tom

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
You are correct in your analysis of 5db when compared side by side. It is noticeably louder than the eu2000 BUT it takes two eu2000's to run my A/C. The Yamaha's are just as quiet as the Honda's but they are big budget as well. Lets face it, the Honda and Yamaha are the cream of the crop and I openly admit that. However I have had soooo many people come by while I was icing down the camper and comment how relatively quiet my Champion is:D At between 3 and 4 hundred dollars my Champion compares very favorably noise wise with ANY onboard camper generator. I guess to wrap up my experience with Champion, you get a LOT more than you pay for.
Tom
I have a 2000 I next to never use. I need to run well pumps and they have a high start current so I'm generally running bigger generators. I wish I knew about the Champions earlier on. I may have got that instead of the eu2000. The reason I got the 200 was because I have the spot/flood light kit that mounts on it. It helped us pull people from the water.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts