TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19,196 Posts
+1 Hope estate taxes don't gobble up too much and limit his bequeathals.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ummmmm............Are you referring to Borneo or the man in the story? One more thing, a man named Read donating his money to a Library.....awesome.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow. This thread was closed yesterday and hours later there is an identical thread posted.

This one is closed too.

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
After talking to Nick, I'm going to reopen this thread. Mainly because I think that the main point of the thread. Let's discuss this thread as it should be. BTW when was the last time you have done a general act of kindness?

Tracy

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
About a half hour ago. Went to the store and bought some Valentine candy and a card to give a dying friend to give his poor wife on Friday. She won't be expecting it, since he is housebound, dying and in bed.

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
WOW, I am very impressed that littletommy did that. Very cool, and I mean that. You did about the most perfect thing another person could do for that man.

I am now sitting in a motel room in Bend, OR. I usually ride a much longer distance than what I did today, but my back has been an issue, and I am testing the waters with my current health issues. Will continue down to Carson City, NV. tomorrow morning.

LT, good on ya, brother.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I appreciate that. This guy is in his last 60 days or so and I feel so sorry for him. I especially feel so bad for his wife. She is so afraid for her future and what is coming. She has not dealt with it well and is just a wreck. I can only imagine what it will be like after he dies. It will take everything I've got to help her hang in there after Jack dies. I gave them my word that I would hang in there all the way with them to the end, and I will. I had drummed up a couple other neighbors to help, but they have already bailed out and don't go check on them anymore. He had a couple other friends as well that are no longer calling or checking on him. I'm the only one now. I understand that. No one want's to be around the reality of dying. Most folks don't know what to do, so they do nothing. I feel the opposite, I don't know what to do either, but I'm going to do something, anything's better than nothing. I try to take over a meal once a week and visit 2 or 3 times a week. I can tell it means a lot to him, her also. As I was sitting here this morning, I was thinking about Valentines day and the thought came to me to get him something to give his wife since he won't be able to get out. I thought it was a great idea! She will be blessed when he tells her that he loves her in the card and gives her the candy. She deserves it, she is trying so hard. What choice does she have, right? She will probably put 2 and 2 together and figure it was me, but who cares?, she will be touched in the moment. My hope and prayer is that he will find Christ as his savior before it's too late. I'm doing my best to point the way...

Thanks again Mike, drive safe and have a good time!

*it was really just an excuse to drive the TW to the store. ;)

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
Cro, you and Mike are bringing tears to my eyes. Thank you brothers.

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
Backfired!!
Guess what?
He didn't understand what I was trying to do for him. I went over there today and Sherry says, "that card you got was for a woman you know"... I said... Yeah, I know. Why? You saw it? I said, "What about the Chocolates"? She said, "Jack ate them". I said O NO! Ok, let me explain...
We all got a good laugh out of it! He should have known, the card wasn't filled out or anything...
O well...I tried.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Backfired!!
Guess what?
He didn't understand what I was trying to do for him. I went over there today and Sherry says, "that card you got was for a woman you know"... I said... Yeah, I know. Why? You saw it? I said, "What about the Chocolates"? She said, "Jack ate them". I said O NO! Ok, let me explain...
We all got a good laugh out of it! He should have known, the card wasn't filled out or anything...
O well...I tried.
Great story! Think about how that memory will make you smile for the rest of your day's. Classic. Good man.

Tom

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
After talking to Nick, I'm going to reopen this thread. Mainly because I think that the main point of the thread. Let's discuss this thread as it should be. BTW when was the last time you have done a general act of kindness?

Tracy
Good choice. I

Yesterday I saw an older man with a flat at 03:45. Cold, windy, snowing. I turned around (takes a while in a big truck) but by the time I got back the car was there with the trunk up but nobody around. I changed the tire, put everything in the trunk, and followed the tracks until I could see through the back door the old couple and a young women in a house coat pouring coffee for them. I went back to the truck and a cop was behind me. I explained and pointed out the tracks. She kept on writing the ticket (I didn't set the triangles) until I said, "Those are somebody's grandparents. What goes around, comes around. Spiritual Law of Balance. If you give me that ticket, karma will go after your grandparents. May God have mercy on them for your misguidance."

Today I fed three hungry truckers stuck at a shipper with no access to hot food. About 20*F, windy, cold.

<3 1 another.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate that. This guy is in his last 60 days or so and I feel so sorry for him. I especially feel so bad for his wife. She is so afraid for her future and what is coming. She has not dealt with it well and is just a wreck. I can only imagine what it will be like after he dies. It will take everything I've got to help her hang in there after Jack dies. I gave them my word that I would hang in there all the way with them to the end, and I will. I had drummed up a couple other neighbors to help, but they have already bailed out and don't go check on them anymore. He had a couple other friends as well that are no longer calling or checking on him. I'm the only one now. I understand that. No one want's to be around the reality of dying. Most folks don't know what to do, so they do nothing. I feel the opposite, I don't know what to do either, but I'm going to do something, anything's better than nothing. I try to take over a meal once a week and visit 2 or 3 times a week. I can tell it means a lot to him, her also. As I was sitting here this morning, I was thinking about Valentines day and the thought came to me to get him something to give his wife since he won't be able to get out. I thought it was a great idea! She will be blessed when he tells her that he loves her in the card and gives her the candy. She deserves it, she is trying so hard. What choice does she have, right? She will probably put 2 and 2 together and figure it was me, but who cares?, she will be touched in the moment. My hope and prayer is that he will find Christ as his savior before it's too late. I'm doing my best to point the way...

Thanks again Mike, drive safe and have a good time!

*it was really just an excuse to drive the TW to the store. ;)
Extended end of life care is difficult. It took a toll on Angel and Princess when they were caring for her (great)grandparents. Everyone else bailed, until the funerals. Then the bickering over the estate ratcheted up, especially after the second. Very upsetting to my girls.

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
It is difficult. A couple months left. He looks worse and worse, almost daily.

·
Registered
583 Posts
You sir are a good man. This world needs more "littletommies" in it.

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
You sir are a good man. This world needs more "littletommies" in it.
Thanks Dubster, I appreciate that. Just trying to do my part. I love making a difference when all others fall behind or are unwilling. I still can't believe he didn't get it. Who would give someone an empty card with no writing in it? ha ha

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
You mean you didn't even tell him it was to give to his wife? He thought you had a crush on him? LOL Too funny for words.
She was there when I gave it to him, I had to just say: Jack, I'm sure you will figure out what to do with this....NOT~!! So he ate them! ha ha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts