TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That's where I felt like I was sitting the other day. We finally got some nice weather here in Upstate New York and man where the bikes plentiful. I ended up following this one Harley for a little bit on my way to work and when we pulled up along side each other at a light I was already to give him a big ol YEAH BUDDY head nod but I got nothing. Head and eyes straight forward. Either he was completely oblivious or maybe he was whose this goon on the dual sport... I have to think it was the latter. Either was it was a great day for riding especially for those of who don't believe in "storage."
Anyway, made a little video of it, I have a few other little clips to through together from this ride. Let's hope old man winter minds his p's and q's and takes it easy on us for a few months.

·
Registered
20,472 Posts
That was great.

·
Registered
13,788 Posts
Yeah, he didn't even flinch to look your way! You should'a revved up the TW, crept forward and egged him on...to look!:p

·
Super Moderator
18,141 Posts
What a butthead.:mad:

·
Super Moderator
18,141 Posts
ha ha Cherrie! There are a few early birds around here. Admiral and I are just a couple of them. I wake up because of pain and HAVE to get up. After a couple hours I lay down again. It takes me about 3 or 4 sleeping sessions to get enough sleep for the day. Kinda sucks. They say old age isn't for sissies. I'm starting to believe that. O, by the way...Good morning !! :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
I also had a similar experience yesterday with a guy on one of these super-bikes, at least he was willing to give me a nod when I stopped next to him at the second traffic light!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I get the same thing all the time around here... We call them the "Sons of Malarkey".. They won't even acknowledge you unless your riding a Harley and then proceed to ride 10mph UNDER the speed limit no matter what the riding conditions are. I thoroughly enjoy sucking the headlight out of their bikes as I pass them briskly when I'm on my Honda 919, if I'm on the TW I'll look for another route to get away from them because I know I'll be able to stop ALOT faster then they will.

·
Registered
583 Posts
The sound of your TW winding up through the gears was music to my ears that I haven't heard for quite a while. Thanks and send some of that weather my way.
The HD guy is representative of most HD operators around here. I just don't get it??

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hahahahahaha omg I loved this!!:D If you have this on Youtube I bet it gets tens of thousands of hits. I very much dislike the snob factor that comes with some Harley riders. It's all about being on two wheels man. Thank you for sharing this!!!

Oh yeah and good morning ya'll

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
He had 2x cylinders but you were having 2x the fun!

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So it's not just me. That's good I guess. I figured it was more of a one team one fight kind of thing. We all ride, so let's ride together ya know?

·
Registered
291 Posts
That was awesome! Hilarious video!

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Must be a New York kinda thing.....I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of other riders on ANY steed (even horses) that have failed to acknowledge a nod, a wave or a finger or two pointed down (no, not THAT finger) out of all the thousands of riders I've seen in the last 5 years, not even in Arizona or California, with the one exception of when you are in heavy traffic where total concentration is required.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Must be a New York kinda thing.....I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of other riders on ANY steed (even horses) that have failed to acknowledge a nod, a wave or a finger or two pointed down (no, not THAT finger) out of all the thousands of riders I've seen in the last 5 years, not even in Arizona or California, with the one exception of when you are in heavy traffic where total concentration is required.
Yeah I reckon it is. I mean everyone at work who rides a HD or even the Yamaha or Honda cruisers all dig the Tdub but I bet it's since they know me I guess. Either way, I always drop a hand when I pass anyone. And if they want to be stuck up so be it, won't ruin my day. I just like to ride, even if I see someone I scooter I give them respect for being out there with the rest of us.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Typical Harley rider, so unfortunate. We see that lots out here as baby boomers get wealthy
enough to buy a Harley and become "outlaws". Anyone that experienced "real bikers" back in the
day know being an "outlaw" isn't really something to aspire to. Totally different than the TV show......
I would admit a couple of "wannabes" once provided me great entertainment when they encountered the "real deal"
at a rest stop in Arizona when I was on a trip. They changed their minds about being outlaws as their bikes roared off without them.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Typical Harley rider, so unfortunate. We see that lots out here as baby boomers get wealthy
enough to buy a Harley and become "outlaws". Anyone that experienced "real bikers" back in the
day know being an "outlaw" isn't really something to aspire to. Totally different than the TV show......
I would admit a couple of "wannabes" once provided me great entertainment when they encountered the "real deal"
at a rest stop in Arizona when I was on a trip. They changed their minds about being outlaws as their bikes roared off without them.
Yeah, anyone who needs to color coordinate their Harley, Dually pick up and camper doesn't really qualify as outlaw as you describe.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The guy on the Harley was Qwerty.

He didn't respond because he thinks he's still in "forum timeout" hahahaha

1 - 20 of 41 Posts