TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since October I have been in Seattle under treatment for Multiple Myeloma cancer.

This weekend we finished harvesting my stem cells, and today I was told that some time by midweek I could go home until Jan 23rd and on Jan 24th we would start the next phase of treatment; more chemo and then transplanting my harvested stem cell back to me. In hopes that these cells would produce new bone marrow that would either reset the disease or (low probability) push the disease into remission.

I haven't seen my house, shop or bikes for almost four months-it will be good to get home for a little while.

Mike

(PS still able to fog a mirror)

·
Registered
527 Posts
I hope your time home is great. Battling that disease is more than challanging at best and I wish you all the best. Where are you in CW? I used to live in Yakima before I moved to AZ.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Hi Mike,

I am glad to hear that you will be getting some time at home. I remember reading your ride report on your trip to Minnesota and in one of your final entries you shared that would be undergoing some treatment for cancer. Best wishes from California!

Brian

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope your time home is great. Battling that disease is more than challanging at best and I wish you all the best. Where are you in CW? I used to live in Yakima before I moved to AZ.

E'burg is my home near the Colockum.

Mike

·
Registered
13,650 Posts
How you keep up your humor during this time I will never know, "Lab Rat Gets a Cookie", good stuff. But I'm glad you do. Good luck Sir!

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
Hi Mike. Good to hear from you. A visit home will be sweet.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Mike, keep on the fight. I have had the big "C" bastard stalking my family for decades now. I am close, Moses Lake, so if you need something from a fellow T-dubber just get in touch..I am flexible.

Look forward to meeting up with you.

Ben

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I'm back in Seattle and had my chemo of melphelan (some really nasty stuff) and my stems cells are back. Now it's going to be some tough weeks of recovery and then we shall see what's next.

Thank you for the well wishes and I hope everyone is getting ready for this seasons riding.

Right now all I can do is dream

Mike

·
Registered
572 Posts
On a positive note at least you can get some Beechers Flagship cheese straight from the source and then a French bagget from the French bakery next door. Make the most of it Seatle is a fun town. I like your Russell seat, I'll bet it's comfortable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts